cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

Chadt41411
Casting Director
JoelCool wrote:
Add another to the list of long time customers NOT liking the new experience. The funny/sad thing is that I am always bragging to my friends with Cox or DirectTV about how the Dish interface is so fast. I'm eating crow now. I don't mind the looks but it's super sluggish and sucks.

Is anyone familiar with DirectTv's interface? Fast, slow? Time to do some research..... :cry:

Would recommend trying the H3... super fast and lots of extra features. You can go back to bragging.

stile99
Cinematographer
rasouza wrote:
I refuse to believe that my system is running slower because I have an "older Hopper".

I refuse to believe the sun rose in the East this morning. Doesn't change the fact that it still happened.

Likewise, you can refuse to believe that running new software on old hardware will be slower than the newer hardware. Likewise, it won't change the fact.

But please, don't believe me. Load Windows 10 on a Pentium Pro and try it yourself.

giblaba12
Camera Crew
Did thousands of people e-mail, write, and phone Dish and say, "I really hate the 4x fast forward and would really like for you to get rid of it, and while you're at it, could you get rid of the search for different genres of movies and TV shows? I hate having the ability to find shows and movies that I like. It gets on my nerves to be able to do this. Thanks." Why would Dish drop these features? I can't think of a rational explanation why anyone would not want them. Thanks a lot Dish for dropping these "terrible" features. :D
Highlighted

WFScooter
Camera Crew
giblaba12 wrote:
Did thousands of people e-mail, write, and phone Dish and say, "I really hate the 4x fast forward and would really like for you to get rid of it, and while you're at it, could you get rid of the search for different genres of movies and TV shows? I hate having the ability to find shows and movies that I like. It gets on my nerves to be able to do this. Thanks." Why would Dish drop these features? I can't think of a rational explanation why anyone would not want them. Thanks a lot Dish for dropping these "terrible" features. :D

Totally agree about the 4x option being gone. I also miss being able to hit the left side of the circle to search for sci-fi movies, but the new interface does allow you to search by genre, it's just a couple clicks to get to. It also lets you see Netflix movies as well which is cool. Not all bad, but a Hopper 3 is a must if you have an older one.

Software upgrade

Extra
Since the new software upgrade, I have been having trouble with my shows I have recorded being missing part or all of the show.

giblaba12
Camera Crew
WFScooter wrote:

Totally agree about the 4x option being gone. I also miss being able to hit the left side of the circle to search for sci-fi movies, but the new interface does allow you to search by genre, it's just a couple clicks to get to. It also lets you see Netflix movies as well which is cool. Not all bad, but a Hopper 3 is a must if you have an older one.

How do I search by genre?

WFScooter
Camera Crew
giblaba12 wrote:

On an older remote the very bottom right button should be OnDemand. In there you can go into free movies, then into the different genres. I guess I did misstate the Netflix search, I think that's in the regular search, not the VOD search. On the new remote it's a few more clicks as far as I can tell. Hit Home, then go up to the tabs, then over to Menu, then OnDemand. That's one reason I didn't let them take my old remotes when I upgraded to the H3, new remotes don't have the color buttons, or PIP buttons. Good luck...

msa651
Camera Crew
WFScooter wrote:
giblaba12 wrote:

On an older remote the very bottom right button should be OnDemand. In there you can go into free movies, then into the different genres. I guess I did misstate the Netflix search, I think that's in the regular search, not the VOD search. On the new remote it's a few more clicks as far as I can tell. Hit Home, then go up to the tabs, then over to Menu, then OnDemand. That's one reason I didn't let them take my old remotes when I upgraded to the H3, new remotes don't have the color buttons, or PIP buttons. Good luck...

That doesn't work on my hopper w/ sling or the connected joey. One of the reasons I will be switching to another provider.

WFScooter
Camera Crew
msa651 wrote:
That doesn't work on my hopper w/ sling or the connected joey. One of the reasons I will be switching to another provider.

1-800-333-DISH (3474)
It never hurts to call and complain, I'm sure Dish doesn't want to lose anyone to this interface upgrade. They did me right on a H3 upgrade. Bill actually went down going from two Hoppers to one Hopper 3, and now we never worry about recordings and available tuners.

Not to sound like an ad for Dish, but I've been with Dish for about 20 or so years, pretty much from the begining, and I can honestly say they've always taken care of me when I've been upset about one thing or another.

ZZV43701
Camera Crew
Believe what you want, but the facts, and you act of believing it or not is the old Hoppers will be slower with the new interface.

I'm surprised they can even run it. On the H3 , while not perfect, speed is not as issue.

rasouza wrote:
I refuse to believe that my system is running slower because I have an "older Hopper". It's the interface that is slow. Everything else works fine. I am so frustrated right now I'm ready to give up almost 20 years as a Dish customer and find something else. In addition to the slow down, there are a number of features that I value that are no longer available - Seek and Record, I used all the time - 4X fast forward is gone, only 15, 60 or 300 now. The software doesn't work consistently. I select a recorded program to play and wait and wait for the menu to appear. Sometimes it just times out and goes back to live TV. The search function is inconsistent too. And why am I seeing "Resume Session" everytime I turn it on?

The only response I've had from Dish is that there are lots of new great features (that I don't care about) and I should buy a new Hopper. I'm already paying $200 a month for this service. If I pay anymore, it won't be to Dish!