cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Duvall wrote:
Honestly they should roll back the upgrade, like any other software company would do when there are so many catastrophic failures. They never should have rolled out a package thats incompatible with older equipment without alerting customers.

They have alerted customers for over a year that it's coming to the Hopper series.

Duvall
Character Actor
first time I EVER heard of it was when an alert popped up asking if I wanted to do it a couple days early. I am signed up for emails, and god knows they send enough useless spam, but I have never received any tech updates via email or the receiver itself.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Duvall wrote:
first time I EVER heard of it was when an alert popped up asking if I wanted to do it a couple days early. I am signed up for emails, and god knows they send enough useless spam, but I have never received any tech updates via email or the receiver itself.

Run a google search for Carbon UI. They announced it at the 2015 or 2016 CES show.

msa651
Camera Crew
Announced at the CES show is not the same as noticing the customer. 98% of the customer base never hear of the update until they turned on their TV. 99% of the remaining read an email of a coming update with the preview offer. One week before they would be forced to take an update not ready for prime time. I have had it for 3 weeks+ now. Not as angry as the first week I used it, but I still dislike it. The choice of fonts with the choice of background color is not usable to my eyes, not enough contrast. Didn't have this issue with old system. Didn't have an issue with speed performance either. Sorely miss the loss of search and filter capability.

I've given Dish a month to fix the bugs, at the end of the month, my 20 year relationship with Dish is done. i'll be trying DirectTV

giblaba12
Camera Crew
msa651 wrote:
Sorely miss the loss of search and filter capability.

Yeah. Unbelievable that they would get rid of the ability to search for certain types of movies and TV shows. I used to search for "science fiction" movies in the "program guide" and "on later." I would usually get a list of almost 100 movies. Now if i do a search for science fiction, I get a list of movies with "science fiction" in the title. Usually a list of about 3 or 4 awful movies. Now there is no way to find specific genres of movies or TV shows. STUPID!
Highlighted

kgm032
Camera Crew
Wow....just wow,bad timing to load the "improved" interface on my boxes. My 24 month agreement is up this month and even though they never corrected the cc, timer and dvr crash when pushing the dvr too many times issues in the old interface, I was considering staying with Dish because I like the technology. That is until this mess loaded. Heck even my wife who never gives this stuff a passing thought commented she "cant stand the new guide." While I was presented with a retention offer of $15 off per month (with a 2 year commitment...really?) I don't think that's enough to put up with the slowness and bugs of the new interface. I read one post stating we need to give them time to fix it and my only thought is why is that?. Was it not beta tested? I find it difficult to believe the slowness was not seen in testing (unless they were really that ignorant to test only on the newest hardware) but rather management made the decision that the average customer would put up with it. That may or may not be be case but for me time to audition DTV and X1...heck may even give Vue a spin.

New interface is slow

Ntableriou
Character Actor
I elected to upgrade the new interface software prior to the forced push. I noticed a considerable delay in accessing any pages on the new interface. Technical support decided it was the remote control so they sent me a new one, even though I specifically asked if my hopper was too old. From a software engineering perspective, this made no sense. I waited until the forced push date to see if others were having the same issue.

Today I finally had time to repair the remote. The new interface does not allow for pairing the tv with the remote pn this version of the equipment. So now I have to use two remotes to watch tv as well as continue to suffer the 10 second delay between changing pages in the interface. In addition, I now have to upgrade to a new hopper.

They don't have any known issues with the joey 1.0 responding slowly with the new hopper. Has anyone encountered this? I do not want to go through this whole process again to get the joey to work at the same speed it did prior to this new software.

I am stuck in a contract currently, but I either have to wait 10 seconds between page change or lose all of my dvr-ed items. I am opting for losing the dvr items, as I cannot stand a degredation in response time everytime I use the Guide, DVR or Menu options. It is bad enough that I cannot tell if it is a delay, or if the incorrect button was pushed. I am so disappointed in this service. Does anyone have any other advice that will make the next 16 months bearable?

rainwadj
Character Actor
I received the “hey, wanna upgrade early?� message, but didn’t think much about it, so it auto-installed a couple of days later. Since then, performance has been VERY slow. Everything from the guide to the list of recordings is now slow on the Hopper, and even slower on the Joey. Also, in the 5-6 days that we’ve had the update, the Hopper has crashed/restarted twice while watching a recording.

Why would Dish continue to push this out knowing that there are this many problems?? If performance is poor on the older/original Hopper, why not notify customers of that? I just checked on getting a Hopper 3, and the monthly DVR fee is higher – $15/month versus $12/month for the Hopper I have now, so it’s a 25% increase.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
rainwadj wrote:
I received the “hey, wanna upgrade early?� message, but didn’t think much about it, so it auto-installed a couple of days later. Since then, performance has been VERY slow. Everything from the guide to the list of recordings is now slow on the Hopper, and even slower on the Joey. Also, in the 5-6 days that we’ve had the update, the Hopper has crashed/restarted twice while watching a recording.

Why would Dish continue to push this out knowing that there are this many problems?? If performance is poor on the older/original Hopper, why not notify customers of that? I just checked on getting a Hopper 3, and the monthly DVR fee is higher – $15/month versus $12/month for the Hopper I have now, so it’s a 25% increase.

All DVRs are $15 per month now, however you are currently grandfathered into the lesser fee. That will change eventually.

rainwadj
Character Actor
Chadt4141 wrote:

All DVRs are $15 per month now, however you are currently grandfathered into the lesser fee. That will change eventually.

Yay?