Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: New hopper interface is terrible

stile99
Cinematographer
wvricky2 wrote:
Hi, Jbuckley1996. Don't you just hate it when you post a scathing critique and not one person - DIRT member or a fellow subscriber - will respond? I know I do. And I can only bite my tongue for so long. So I will add to your comments, this statement, "Where is everybody?" Don't you DIRT people have the nerve to react to his concerns?"

People, both DIRT and non-, have responded plenty in the already-existing thread. [url:23ivnpk0]https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21200[/url:23ivnpk0] Anything here would just be a cut and paste.

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

tommyy2
Cinematographer
"It was tested and while the Hopper and Hopper w/Sling do not have as fast as a processor as the Hopper 3, with the information we get from you the customer can work out any bugs with your respective systems. Have you provide me your information in a PM with the issues you're seeing to get this reported and worked out yet? If not please provide me the phone number, 4-digit PIN and issue(s) to better assist you please."

Sure and after they correct all those bugs they'll be able to run windows 10 on my old IBM AT 286 system.

If you believe the first part............

No "resume"

Lindag19
Extra
The new changes have brought about a new nuisance. In watching a baseball game that was being recorded I used to be able to pause and resume it where I left off. Now when I go back to the game I either have to watch it live or start over from the beginning. I used to be able to resume the game where I left off watching it. Any way to fix this?

Re: Please add this feature to your next interface update

stevenmac1956
Audio Engineer
The Standby has to be when the shutdown normally happens.
The Maximum time between shutdowns is 72 hrs.
It will shutdown while watching or DVR playback and not while recording.
Auto turn off: I have mine off with no problems

TrishMAH
Extra
Hi, our family is BIG on using our DVR. One feature we used all the time was the ability to move a show from one folder to another. Once one family member was done watching a show and another family member expressed interest we would just move it from our folder to theirs. But now with this new upgrade, I'm not seeing a way to do this. Please tell me it just got more complicated, but is still doable. If we lost this option it would throw a monkey wrench into the whole entire system of how we use our DVR. Any help would be fantastic! Thanks

Micky
Extra
I think the dish competitors created this upgrade to drive customers to them,I quit Directv because dish worked faster and better, now it's the reverse Direct works better and dish works like theirs use to. please dump this upgrade and give us the old one back and find the moles in your company who is giving you this crap. it looks bad and works worse!!

RickObe
Visual Engineer
TrishMAH wrote:
Hi, our family is BIG on using our DVR. One feature we used all the time was the ability to move a show from one folder to another. Once one family member was done watching a show and another family member expressed interest we would just move it from our folder to theirs. But now with this new upgrade, I'm not seeing a way to do this. Please tell me it just got more complicated, but is still doable. If we lost this option it would throw a monkey wrench into the whole entire system of how we use our DVR. Any help would be fantastic! Thanks

With the folder open and displaying show's tile, hit the red button (40.0 remote) or the Options button (50/52 remote). The click Manage Recordings. Click the show(s) you want to move then Move to Folder.

tserface
Extra
Seems like Dish has a lot of angry customers. Maybe they should offer to update the older units without the 2 years "we gotcha" clause. That would make this seem like less of a force issue. I know that's also a marketing decision.

I think the "we can't go back to the old software" is a management decision, not a technical issue. The old software worked just fine until a few weeks ago. I'm guessing there is some benefit to having the same software on all devices, but it is sure causing a lot of customer grief so I'm guessing it's a support nightmare for them right now.

Someone said that they warned us for the last year. All of the messages I received were very upbeat and positive saying that we were going to love the new interface. I never once got a message saying that they were going to cripple my system soon so I'd better watch out. I was looking forward to the upgrade.

I'm really thinking of switching to DirecTV. I checked and I can get it for the first year for half of what I pay for Dish and I can just have one unit (Genie) to control the whole house. According to the sign-up they don't even charge for extra TVs up to a certain amount (I have to pay extra for each Joey and the extra Hopper we have). My big problem is they don't have CW in our area, but I get it off air so I think it would still work for me. Dish keeps losing network channels for months so I'm accustomed to the "OTA" paradigm. We pay $120+ per month for our current Dish service and the price keeps going up. Recently they started charging us for local channels ($5 increase) I loved Dish with the old software and would never have thought about switching, but this new software is really tedious to use and, frankly, it seems like an exercise it making people renew contracts so they don't have other options.

Like I said, it might be a nice gesture to upgrade the really old Hoppers. Or, they could upgrade them with the 2-year commitment, but give us 30 days to try them and still get out of it. It's not like the trust level is really high. My Hopper with Sling works better than the older one (we have two), but it is nowhere near as nice as it used to be either. I don't know if Hopper 3 works better or not. Unfortunately, there's no way to know if upgrading would help anything and, by then, it's too late. You're stuck for 2 more years with no recourse.

I'm going to stick it out for another couple of weeks and if it isn't improved Dish has a lost another really long time customer. I could probably go to DirecTV for a couple of years then come back to Dish if I don't like it and get the same service for half the price when I come back.

tserface
Extra
Ironically, the new folder feature is one of the things I actually like about the new interface. I like how you can set up Events to record directly to a folder so all of our grandkid programs can automatically go there.

Tom

RickObe wrote:
TrishMAH wrote:

With the folder open and displaying show's tile, hit the red button (40.0 remote) or the Options button (50/52 remote). The click Manage Recordings. Click the show(s) you want to move then Move to Folder.

TG2
Character Actor
Hate the new interface like so many others have said..
[list:1yl11f5e]* slower

* constant dvr issues

* whole home/watching recordings from other DVR's PTAT impossible if you group by Network

* loss of another 30 mins in the guide because they put that stupid info stuff on the right

* Example of slow -- DVR -> Source -> other dvr -> PTAT ->arrow off of the first show, and stop on another, see how long it takes before the INFO changes to match the show, AND if you try to start the show you're highlighting before the info updates, you'll end up starting the first program that was highlighted

* DVR show playback with black screen ... wait for it.. a minute or two later, *IF* you have closed captions on, you may see closed captions start to appear! Random occurrence, and just a randomly may or may not get the black screen to go away.

* dish anywhere player - nearly useless now, some machines it works, others it doesn't like this pc I'm currently using ... it starts to play about a second or two.. maybe as many as 5 and then the window goes dark grey like when it first opened .. and then comes back with the "connect to" and acts like its re-loading, and thank you sling for not giving us any tool options or posting any way to start a debug from inside the f* program
[/list:u:1yl11f5e]

All in all this new UI sucks. :evil: