Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

RickObe
Visual Engineer
Chadt4141 wrote:
Hopper to Hopper transfers work on any version of the Hoppers that has the CUI

Thanks Chad. Good to know.

However, toucha, be aware that the H to H transfer could take hours, so unless you are doing a "by mail" self install, a Dish installer is not going to wait around for all the content to transfer.

touha
Character Actor
Thanks for the help, Rick. I'm about to contact them for an upgrade. I'll be damned if I pay for their mistakes though.

mobass99
Character Actor
Since there are so many problems with this new upgrade why force it on everyone on June 29th? Why not let the ones who wants to keep the old style programming keep it. It seems there are more issues with this update than dish will be able to handle if all units are required to update on the 29th.
Highlighted

New Interface prepare for mobile

gacoon
Camera Crew
I Have just upgraded to Hopper 3 and new interface. In the past you could select one of your recordings and Prepare it for mobile. Cant find a way to do this to individual recordings? There is an option to set all recordings to be prepared for mobile but I dont want that.

I prefer to get the Prepare done ahead of time as the transfer works faster that way.

I must say after using the new software for several days my impression is that there is a really poor design team doing the software development, many functions and navigation aids have been made more cumbersome. What were they thinking? Don't they have a usability lab with representative customers?

Re: New Interface prepare for mobile

RickObe
Visual Engineer
gacoon wrote:
I Have just upgraded to Hopper 3 and new interface. In the past you could select one of your recordings and Prepare it for mobile. Cant find a way to do this to individual recordings? There is an option to set all recordings to be prepared for mobile but I dont want that.

I prefer to get the Prepare done ahead of time as the transfer works faster that way.

I must say after using the new software for several days my impression is that there is a really poor design team doing the software development, many functions and navigation aids have been made more cumbersome. What were they thinking? Don't they have a usability lab with representative customers?

Unfortunately, it's all or nothing with respect to Prepare for Mobile in the new interface. Definitely less than ideal. Perhaps one more call to support to complain about it will be the one that tips the scale in favor of them returning to a timer-by-timer option.

I agree, it's things like this that really make you scratch your head on how or why they could remove features that were perfectly fine before. Another example is removing the ability to resume a DVR event that is still being recorded. Why? It makes no sense.

Arcade
Extra
I just want one question answered.
Will we get a full screen guide back in the future? Or is Dish sold on the smaller guide with black or white text that is "Better for us".
Why do software updates always take good things and screw them up?
Another feature that is gone is the yellow bar that ran all the way across my OTA channels which made it much easier to tell them from the regular Dish channels.

Menu cursor cannot be changed with new interface

thale4314
Extra
I confirmed with cust support that the new hopper interface does not allow the cursor to be changed. This is unacceptable. I have vision shortcomings that make it difficult for me to tell just what menu item is active because the only thing that changes is the borders of the item box. They need to provide cursor options.

Re: Menu cursor cannot be changed with new interface

Community Manager
Community Manager
We can forward your feedback! We also have enhanced accessibility options on our Hopper receivers that you can check out.

You can also go to your Menu, Settings, then Guide and chose the size of which the text and boxes are displayed.

Re: Menu cursor cannot be changed with new interface

thale4314
Extra
Thanks Chris. I like the new interface and I am taking the time to explore it more fully. I have enabled some of the new features already and will be looking for more as my time permits.

I truly hope the developers will change the design to allow cursor options since the cursor is the one action tool that is ever present in the interface. I hope they can get the change out quickly. It is a bit maddening to me.

Thanks.

Phil_L
Extra
After the interface upgrade on my old Hopper, my external hard drive is not seen by the Hopper. There's no option to see what's on it under listings, and when I try to transfer, I'm told no EHD is attached. When I unplug and re-attach it, the Hopper wants to reformat it. I of course say NO. One CSR said it was a known issue, but couldn't tell me what the issue actually is. Any thoughts?