Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper updates Suck

DISH Employee
I'll definitely forward your feedback along regarding that, and one option we can look at is upgrading the equipment. Our Hopper w/ Sling or Hopper 3 handle the new UI better than the original Hopper does. Just send me a PM with the account or phone # and 4-digit pin and I can check into the options for that with you.
Highlighted

new software: menu display

cycleman
Character Actor
Just got the new software upgrade for Hopper. Do NOT like appearance choices. Why can't we choose a different color background anymore???? Appearance either white on black or black on white. Why did you do away with other color backgrounds??

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

DISH Employee
HawkInOz wrote:
Just received this emailed notice from Dish regarding my Hopper w/Sling:

"We are excited to tell you that the latest interface for your Hopper is available to download. The new look and feel will help you navigate and find your favorite content faster. It includes many improvements while maintaining the core of what makes the Hopper, the Hopper.

The new Hopper interface will automatically download to your receiver on 6/29/2017. You can download it early through the New Hopper Experience app on the Hopper by pressing the BLUE button on your remote and selecting the app."

Needless to say, based on the feedback of others in this forum and elsewhere, I won't be upgrading early. In fact, this gives me a couple of weeks to change providers. Glad I'm no longer under contract! 15 years of loyalty down the drain... :cry:

While there are some that are having issues with the new UI, thee have been many reports of customers enjoying and liking the new UI. Let me see what I can do for you with this. Can you PM me with the phone number and 4-digit PIN on the account?

raayat
Camera Crew
Mike H. wrote:
While there are some that are having issues with the new UI, thee have been many reports of customers enjoying and liking the new UI. Let me see what I can do for you with this. Can you PM me with the phone number and 4-digit PIN on the account?

"Some"? Looks to me like about 20 pages of dis-satisfied complaints about it. And most likely, the ones that like it, all have a H3.
Are you going to upgrade everybody for free? Because that is about the ONLY way I am going to be even slightly happy with the crappy "upgrade".

RickObe
Visual Engineer
raayat wrote:
Mike H. wrote:

"Some"? Looks to me like about 20 pages of dis-satisfied complaints about it. And most likely, the ones that like it, all have a H3.
Are you going to upgrade everybody for free? Because that is about the ONLY way I am going to be even slightly happy with the crappy "upgrade".

I would suggest contacting a rep here privately and see if you can in fact get upgraded to the H3 for free. Yes, there will be an extension of your contract. But 16 tuners is a game changer.

touha
Character Actor
If I get a free upgrade to the H3 will this pitiful software actually work?

Because right now I'm getting up to a minute delay on some of the most basic functions! I damn near threw this thing in the trash today and if it wasn't for an elderly relative who can't use the internet, we would have cancelled long ago.

The upgrade had made my Hopper practically unusable.

touha
Character Actor
Second question: If I upgrade to the H3 will I lose my current recordings?

RickObe
Visual Engineer
touha wrote:
If I get a free upgrade to the H3 will this pitiful software actually work?

Because right now I'm getting up to a minute delay on some of the most basic functions! I damn near threw this thing in the trash today and if it wasn't for an elderly relative who can't use the internet, we would have cancelled long ago.

The upgrade had made my Hopper practically unusable.

My Hopper 3 is pretty much trouble free and the interface is very responsive. It's slightly slower on the connected wired Joey 2's, but still fine. (Not that it's not without the occasional glitch like all Dish stuff seems to be.)

You can transfer your recordings via an external hard drive. The hopper 3 can connect directly via ethernet cable to another hopper to transfer recordings, but I think that might have to be an H3. Maybe an H2, but I'm not sure. That definitely won't work with a H1, so you would have to go the EHD route.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
BTW, if you upgrade, don't let them take away your 40.0 remote(s). They may tell you they have to take it. Just tell them it's "lost". The 40 remote will work with the H3 and many people prefer it to the new, smaller remote (smaller means fewer buttons).

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Hopper to Hopper transfers work on any version of the Hoppers that has the CUI