Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

aellis722
Character Actor
The new interface sucks so bad on the hopper with sling sling. I to would go back if I could. Two things that bother me that seem to just start happening are messages at the bottom of the screen when you turn channels telling you about a ppv you might be interested in. Other channels telling me that I can watch that channel on Dish anywhere. I have the tv enhancements turned off with the munu, and there still coming up. Has anyone else had this problem? The problem just started today, but it downloaded the software a week ago. I contacted dish with some other problems I've had with it and the only thing they did was put me on a list for people who don't like the software.
Highlighted

No sound after watching DVR

raayat
Camera Crew
Yet ANOTHER issue with the new "update".
After watching something on the DVR, and then deleting it when finished, when it goes back to regular TV, I have no sound.
I have to change the channel before I get sound.
Just add it to the growing list of issues with the "update"

Re: Home media playing in small window

BooDaddy
Extra
I just registered to comment that I am having this same issue on my Hopper. Been a customer for 15 years, and using Hoppers/Joeys since they launched many years ago.

This is absolutely the worst update they have ever released, The Hopper is so slow and painful to use now and then breaking home media was just icing on the cake.

No updates from Dish either....sucks so bad.

Re: New Hopper Update

BooDaddy
Extra
This has to be the most horrible software I have ever used on any home entertainment system. My old Hopper user interface was very good. This new one is a steaming pile of hot garbage that doesnt work and is stupidly slow. So many features broken as well.

msa651
Camera Crew
Final update was applied last night. Fixed some of the issues,. Still buggy..

Give Dish a grade of
A for effort
A for spin
D for quality control, releasing software with known major bugs.
D for dumbing down UI to the point it has lost needed functionality that had it a step above Direct
C- for design

Overall grade of D

Design depends to much on an Internet access, shutting off the internet access made a major speed improvement, on both my hopper w/sling and Joey Who needs trending or picture icons.

So called enhanced search is a major downgrade from from previous version. Only the government would say this a improvement.

Only took 2 years to get the search to work right, with the quick access themes on the remote. Now you replace it with a trends, that slows the UI down, requires internet acess to work, and is worthless as far as my viewing habits go. Give me back my old search and filter.

Would suggest next time they want to redesign the UI they try using focus groups to get it right, really ask the customer what they need, want and nice to have's. They sure didn't do it this time. Oh, and don't release the software before its ready.

Using my tablet with dish anywhere for the quide, much better than to try using the new UI. I can see and read a whole lot better.

Re: Fast Forward with new update too fast

msa651
Camera Crew
With new release last night you fixed fast forward with a slow (x?) but now we're still missing a slow for reverse only have x15, x 60 x300. Would like to also have x1/4 speeds back for both forward and reverse.

DougM
Character Actor
The New Hopper 3 and Interface (GUI) upgrade have several issues not the least of which is the fact that you can no longer Save from the PrimeTime Anytime area. I have been told that that option is no longer available. To be clear, we used to be able to save PrimeTIme Anytime shows to a Folder so they didn't disappear in 8 days, this is a step back for DISH. All of the other services have this and we have been able to do this since we have had the hopper (before 2010 (I still have the recording of Staley Cup recorded that year. We have also been with Dish for over 14 years and this is the first reverse step I can remember. We do not watch all of the programming within the first week of recording and always save Primetime shows each day to avoid losing them so this is a big issue for us. We are now losing season ending recordings and haven't watched all of the episodes yet.

DISH Employee
What model Hopper do you have? We have had some reports of this issue happening with the new UI, and it's been reported to our engineering department.

DougM
Character Actor
Brand New Hopper 3 just installed this week, not sure of the Model Number

Chadt41411
Casting Director
What do you mean you cannot save series or episodes from the PTAT folder?