Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Battery warning

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
I use a Logitech Harmony remote with my DISH Hopper. Every since the interface upgrade, I get a low battery warning message displayed on screen anything I change channels. The Harmony is a rechargeable remote and is placed in its charging cradle each night, so it has close to a full charge. What triggers the low battery warning and is there a way to work around it when not using the DISH remote?

Re: Low Battery warning

Community Manager
Community Manager
Can you double check the system info and make sure no other remotes are programmed to it?

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
Chris S. wrote:
Can you double check the system info and make sure no other remotes are programmed to it?

The Diagnostics menu showed that it was paired with a DISH remote (which had its batteries removed). I unpaired the device, but I'm still getting the on-screen low battery notice any time I change channels.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
AggieJustin wrote:
Chris S. wrote:

The Diagnostics menu showed that it was paired with a DISH remote (which had its batteries removed). I unpaired the device, but I'm still getting the on-screen low battery notice any time I change channels.

Did you restart the Hopper after your unpaired the remote? You may want to try that.

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

Dwindler
Extra
Our old hopper is so incredibly slow to respond to any menu item pressed on the remote since the 'upgrade'. Didn't they test this on the older equipment?? I wish we hadn't upgraded, but I saw it was going to do it automatically either way, and I couldn't cancel out of the screen once I pushed more info.

Re: Interface Upgrade Q&A

Dwindler
Extra
tommyy2 wrote:
Ah the MAGIC SMOKE.

I've heard that the last step in the manufacturing of microchips is injecting the MAGIC SMOKE, and that's what really makes them work, how ever if you ever let the MAGIC SMOKE out it will never work again.

It's all smoke and mirrors. If you drop it, you could break the mirrors, and once you let the smoke out....as you said.

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
RickObe wrote:

Did you restart the Hopper after your unpaired the remote? You may want to try that.

I did a power-off/power-on, but I did not do a full reset.

-Justin

Re: New Hopper Update

kerrmcc0
Extra
One of the greatest products I've EVER owned has been ruined with the new GUI update. It's simply awful. Slow, unresponsive and so much more. I've contacted Spectrum to see what they're current offerings are. Hard to believe such a good company could make such a HORRIBLE mistake.

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

sccom335
Extra
We have been a Dish customer since the mid 1990s. A few short breaks in there do to relocations. I can say that we have been overall very satisfied with the service. That is until now! I know this is piling on but our older Hopper just does not have the processing horsepower to adequately handle the new interface.

We have used the new interface for over a week now and we are constantly experiencing 1 to 5+ second lagging from user remote input to interface response. At least twice a day we are experiencing interface stalls that last 15 to over 60 seconds and in the last week we have experienced outright receiver hangs that required system reboot.

The new interface is very slick but the more layered format requires more button presses. In order to enjoy it you need a very responsive interface but unfortunately this caused a move in the opposite direction.
Highlighted

pjw1967
Camera Crew
I had the exact same problem. My Harmony is button battery powered. Had a Dish remote still linked to the Hopper 2 w/Sling. Unpaired it and the low battery popup disappeared without a reset.