cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interface Upgrade Q&A

tommyy2
Cinematographer
Ah the MAGIC SMOKE.

I've heard that the last step in the manufacturing of microchips is injecting the MAGIC SMOKE, and that's what really makes them work, how ever if you ever let the MAGIC SMOKE out it will never work again.
Highlighted

Re: Fast Forward with new update too fast

raayat
Camera Crew
Not only is the 4X gone, but when you pause, and try to go slow-motion, that only has 1 slow motion speed. Use to go real slow, and have a 1/4 speed, etc. Those options also gone.

Re: New Hopper Update

Stunned to see no advantages to the new update, with severe disadvantages:
update deleted some of my recordings
displays fewer shows at a glance (before could see 7 to 10 pm at a glance but now only 7 to 9pm without scrolling)
guide text is smaller due to large area set aside for info.

Wish I could go back to old software.

Seussist64
Extra
For the record, I HATE the so-called up-grades. I don't like the channel shown in the center of the screen, and I REALLY hate the "pause". When I pause a show, I cannot start it back up where I left off --it jumps directly to fast-forward to where the show is currently, so i miss everything in between. Makes me consider changing to another service. Judging from the other comments, no one is happy with the changes. Fix it - or lose customers.

damonlundin
Extra
How do I turn off the display of folders in the DVR recordings list? It seems that with this update, folders are automatically enabled and when I open my DVR the only shows visible on the first panel are those not in any folders so now I have to go into a folder every time I want to watch a show that I've organized. I only used folders occasionally for organizational purposes and so I usually had them disabled. But it seems now I'm forced to either live with them or get rid of my folders.

You used to be able to choose the sort order and separately the folder mode (no folders, folders by title, my folders, etc.). That option seems to be gone now.

Pathetic new software

touha
Character Actor
Does Dish have a quality control department?? How on earth did this update get released? There is a lag for virtually every input! Things that used to be accessible instantaneously now lag as if you're tying to access a website with a dial-up connection!

Getting closer and closer to cutting the cord.

msa651
Camera Crew
I would beg to differ. The new search is poor, sorely missing functionally we had before.

Re: Pathetic new software

DISH Employee
All of our Hoppers were recently updated to have the same User Interface. We've also had some feedback about the delay in response time, and we've reported that issue to our engineering department for further review. Also, for more information about all the new features of the new User Interface, you can visit https://www.mydish.com/newhopperUI.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
damonlundin wrote:
How do I turn off the display of folders in the DVR recordings list? It seems that with this update, folders are automatically enabled and when I open my DVR the only shows visible on the first panel are those not in any folders so now I have to go into a folder every time I want to watch a show that I've organized. I only used folders occasionally for organizational purposes and so I usually had them disabled. But it seems now I'm forced to either live with them or get rid of my folders.

You used to be able to choose the sort order and separately the folder mode (no folders, folders by title, my folders, etc.). That option seems to be gone now.

Sorry, if you have shows stored in folders, you are stuck with them displaying that way on the main DVR page.

DISH Employee
What are the specific issues you're having with the new UI search feature? One of the things the new UI has done was to improve the Search for content for our customers.