Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DVR Recordings not working after new Update

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Mine are still working from previous free previews (just checked). I have movies saved on EHD's from old 722, Hopper 1 & Hopper 2 as well as freeview recordings made in the last year on H3 which uses same software as was just released to the older Hoppers. Has something changed?

Re: New Hopper Update

msa651
Camera Crew
Sent an email to support, asking if i could update back to old software version, they did reply.... but only said they they were aware of the issues. No time or solutions. Hope they change their minds about going live in a week..

Re: Interface Upgrade Q&A

johntyler
Extra
My experience is similar to others. So far I see no improvement in the functionality whatever that may be. The slowness tells me that my Hopper doesn't have the power to handle the new software. Perhaps it's merely a marketing ploy to get folks to upgrade. I have DISH because I live in the boonies. If I could, I'd dump DISH and go to streaming and Local TV.
Highlighted

Re: Dish please respond- slowdown since new interface

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
What version of Hopper do you have? You may need a newer Hopper.

Mines about 2 years...Still working ok.

Kyle2200 wrote:
This new update is terrible. Everything is slower. Turning on is slower. Bringing up the guide is slower. Bringing up the DVR is slower. If this new interface actually had additional good features that made things better, it might be worth it. But the interface is just window dressing. Dish needs to put their programmers back to square one and figure out the performance issues on everything but their newest receivers. They have apparently produced a bloated piece of crap set of code that won't run acceptably on older hardware. This is unprofessional, unacceptable, and a potential marketing nightmare. I can't recommend Dish to anyone at this point.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Might just need to ask for a HW upgrade.

Mines working ok with new UI.

Re: The new update is horrible

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I'd ask for some on site tech help or have DISH remote in in your case.

Good Luck.

Timers changing to keep 20 events

AZJoe67
Extra
Since the recent upgrade I've noticed that many of my timers constantly reset so only 20 events will be saved. If I go in and change the time so all events are saved, it'll reset within a few minutes.
Anyone else seen this?

tommyy2
Cinematographer
It's impossible that Disk did not know this would happen putting this interface on the older Hoppers, totally impossible. So is this a premeditated plan to produce a forced migration to increase Revenue?
But will we migrate to Hopper3 or to Direct TV?
Will this dastardly plan increase or decrease Dish Revenue?

They have not got to my Hopper w/sling yet, if I pull the plug every night then turn it on every morning will that keep them from turning my Hopper w/sling into a Snail, or should I just pull the plug?

tommyy2
Cinematographer
As slow as it seems to have gotten do you think it might run a little faster if you plug it into a 220V line?

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
tommyy2 wrote:
As slow as it seems to have gotten do you think it might run a little faster if you plug it into a 220V line?

I'm pretty sure the smoke would rise twice as fast :D