Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interface Upgrade Q&A

BHonea
Extra
After the new "upgrade" my Hopper is unbelievable slow. And I lost the ability to fast forward at 4x speed. Now the options start with 15x. The new version is horrible. I want to switch to cable.
Highlighted

peggyrh
Casting Director
Loss of 4x speed has been gone since Hopper3 (with interface that older Hoppers are just now getting) was released over a yr ago, probably isn't coming back.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Maybe phasing out older hoppers and I presume the CPU speed maybe on the fringes of being slow enough to just barely handle all the processing with the new SW. Maybe new Hoppers are needed. :?

Re: Dish please respond- slowdown since new interface

dld9356
Extra
I'm having the same issue. I downloaded the new IU and my hopper has become painfully slow. I even went through and deleted old recordings to try to clean it out (even though it was only 51% full at the time). I keep reading that this is apparently an issue with older hoppers but this is the Hopper they gave me when I signed up for Dish 5 years ago. If 5 year old equipment is outdated then I think Dish should be supplying me with a new one.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Have you asked for a new Hopper? Wouldn't hurt to see what they say.

peggyrh
Casting Director
A 5 yr old computer would be painfully slow today too. Old internal hardware gets that way over time, it doesn't get faster.

Dish will give you a Hopper 3 but it will probably cost an upgrade fee & new agreement (which is what the rest of us had to do when we upgraded, it's not free).

Re: Fast Forward with new update too fast

Kyle2200
Extra
I 100% agree with this. 15X is too fast. The other issue is that I have been using this remote for years and years. Previously, 2 clicks of the fast forward button was 15X. Now it is 60X. Muscle memory being what it is, no matter how much you might want to change habits, I now end up fast forwarding WAY past where I wanted to. Bring back 4X!!!

Kyle2200
Extra
This new update is terrible. Everything is slower. Turning on is slower. Bringing up the guide is slower. Bringing up the DVR is slower. If this new interface actually had additional good features that made things better, it might be worth it. But the interface is just window dressing. Dish needs to put their programmers back to square one and figure out the performance issues on everything but their newest receivers. They have apparently produced a bloated piece of crap set of code that won't run acceptably on older hardware. This is unprofessional, unacceptable, and a potential marketing nightmare. I can't recommend Dish to anyone at this point.

Re: DVR Recordings not working after new Update

Gracesmom4
Extra
I see. I have done it several times in the past without issue. Seems to have only started since the update.

Re: New Hopper Update

TG2
Character Actor
I guess you're lucky they all updated.

I just got the update on my main hopper w/sling ... and now I can't see any previously recorded programs that are on my other DVR.

Going into PTAT on the other DVR is like watching molasses dribble down a cold metal ramp .. and god help you if you hit play or don't wait for the screen to update anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds later because you'll be treated to a black screen .. and sometime in the next 30 to 60 seconds you might start seeing closed captioning appear on your screen (if its turned on that is).

I've never seen such crap in software since dish put out the 922 ... and then tainted the issue as "hardware" ... rather than accept as proof all along, that their software coding is for sh*t.