Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interface Upgrade Q&A

gmcbride
Character Actor
Slow to the point of painful. Push a remote button, no response, push again, sslloowwllyy responds to the first and then the second. You can literally see icons on the guide showing up one at a time. The current show details are way after the channel list.

Dish, since you kept updating and destroying the performance of a hopper 1 I am now going to look at alternatives. Send me a hopper 3, roll back the updates that destroyed the performance, or we'll be saying good bye after nearly 20 years.

New interface disrupting joey

Adadawn0822
Extra
This morning (may 26, 2017) our dish switched over to a new (and awful) interface.

While the main hopper is functioning just fine the joey will Not work. If you try to pick a live channel it just brings up the page showing which tuners are available. If you pick an available tuner it just brings you back to the tuner page.

If you try to pick something from dvr it brings up a black screen for several minutes and then goes to the tuner page or ask if you want to delete the program.

Netflix is not working on the joey and neither is on demand.

I have tried to reset with no results.

How can I get the joey to work? (It's summer vacation. My 9yo NEEDS entertainment yo keep her out of my hair while I work from home. Lol)

DISH Employee
gmcbride wrote:
Slow to the point of painful. Push a remote button, no response, push again, sslloowwllyy responds to the first and then the second. You can literally see icons on the guide showing up one at a time. The current show details are way after the channel list.

Dish, since you kept updating and destroying the performance of a hopper 1 I am now going to look at alternatives. Send me a hopper 3, roll back the updates that destroyed the performance, or we'll be saying good bye after nearly 20 years.

Hello gmcbride. The new interface does have a slight learning curve but you should not be experiencing this type of lag. We'd hate to see you go due to the interface. Unfortunately there is no rollback to the previous UI. Wanting a Hopper 3? We can review that with you. Please PM us.

Re: New interface disrupting joey

DISH Employee
Adadawn0822 wrote:
This morning (may 26, 2017) our dish switched over to a new (and awful) interface.

While the main hopper is functioning just fine the joey will Not work. If you try to pick a live channel it just brings up the page showing which tuners are available. If you pick an available tuner it just brings you back to the tuner page.

If you try to pick something from dvr it brings up a black screen for several minutes and then goes to the tuner page or ask if you want to delete the program.

Netflix is not working on the joey and neither is on demand.

I have tried to reset with no results.

How can I get the joey to work? (It's summer vacation. My 9yo NEEDS entertainment yo keep her out of my hair while I work from home. Lol)

Adanawn0822, we'll need to troubleshoot. Have any error codes come up on the screen? Have you rebooted your Hopper? Please PM us

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Give connecting the Joey to the hopper a LAN network cable connection a try.

Adadawn0822
Extra
e38BimmerFN wrote:
Give connecting the Joey to the hopper a LAN network cable connection a try.

I tried the LAN cable. It didn't work.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I'd do a full factory reset or rest on the Joey. If not, maybe get on the phone with DISH support and see if they can help you with this.

Re: Dish please respond- slowdown since new interface

olds4422
Audio Engineer
4k joey is super fast, but i doubt 1.0/2.0 joeys have same cpu

My old Hopper with sling and joey setup that was 2 hoppers with sling and 2 joey 1 joey to each hopper,

Were crazy slow doing thing in the old ui special the guide and timers, I can only image how much slower they are with the new ui

Krystal109
Extra
Created an acct just to post about these 2 annoying features:

2. No way I've found to remove the "Quick tips" taking up valuable space.
3. Shorter span of time you can see in guide due to info screen being on the right.

The guide should take up the maximum amount of space and if I want more information I can hit the INFO button. You're wasting valuable space to give information and thumbnails on shows that people aren't even interested in.
Highlighted

raayat
Camera Crew
MarkL wrote:
gmcbride wrote:
Wanting a Hopper 3? We can review that with you. Please PM us.

Sure, you can get a Hopper 3...for $150!!!
Gee, Comcast lets you upgrade to the latest box for FREE!!