Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interface Upgrade Q&A

raayat
Camera Crew
Another complaint I have is I use to be able to see ONLY HD channels. That option is no longer available. All I get is All Subscribed, which includes showing the SD channels.
So, lost functionality there. :evil:

peggyrh
Casting Director
Just set a favorites list with only the channels you regularly watch, takes less than 5 minutes.
Highlighted

raayat
Camera Crew
peggyrh wrote:
Just set a favorites list with only the channels you regularly watch, takes less than 5 minutes.

I watch a lot of channels. The old interface had an option to just show the HD channels.

Getting guide to only show HD on new interface

azbruno
Character Actor
I've just upgraded today to the new interface. I cannot find a way to have the guide show only my subscribed HD channels as I had before. Has this been eliminated, or did I miss something?

Re: Getting guide to only show HD on new interface

peggyrh
Casting Director
Was eliminated when H3 was released over a year ago. Just set a favorites list.

azbruno
Character Actor
I don't have an H3, mine is a few years old. I was always able to readily change between showing all subscribed and only HD subscribed (with the red button).

Anyway, surprisingly when I turned on the TV this morning my guide was set to HD subscribed. How did that happen? I still cannot find a way to change it.

I assume setting a Favorites list would require me to manually add every HD channel, which is an unacceptable method.

azbruno wrote:
I don't have an H3, mine is a few years old. I was always able to readily change between showing all subscribed and only HD subscribed (with the red button).

Anyway, surprisingly when I turned on the TV this morning my guide was set to HD subscribed. How did that happen? I still cannot find a way to change it.

I assume setting a Favorites list would require me to manually add every HD channel, which is an unacceptable method.

For the first Hopper UI - When you have the guide up you can press the RED button on the remote to see the different channel list option. My channels is default.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

azbruno
Character Actor
Matt, yes you are correct for the old UI. My problem is that in the new UI I cannot find a way to change it.

The new UI does not have an HD only list. You would need to create a custom favorites list
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

azbruno
Character Actor
When I turned on the TV this morning and looked at the guide, at the top was the red bar and it said [b:2tssfg9h]Showing: HD Subscribed[/b:2tssfg9h], which is exactly what I wanted. So to say it is not an option is odd, because there it was! The only issue with it was that the guide was also listing all the premium channel On Demands even though I am not subscribed to them.

When I pressed the red button, I was able to select to show all subscribed or all unsubscribed or all channels, but I cannot get back to HD subscribed. So apparently the ability to show HD subscribed is there, just can't get there.

Creating a favorites list is not an option because it is very cumbersome to set up and as the channel line up changes (channels added, deleted, free previews, etc.) it would not be reflected in my list.