Input button not available on 50.0 remote

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input button not available on 50.0 remote

The input button is not available. I've entered my TV model number Visio VX37L and disabled limited mode. I used the wizard and tried all 11 options and none of them worked. I can't imagine anything else to do!! Please help!
4 Replies

Re: Input button not available on 50.0 remote

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The input button on the left side of the remote is active. You do have to have the remote in TV mode for it to work. Not all remotes will work with all TV functions, as Dish can only guarantee that Dish equipment will work with Dish equipment.

If the volume changes and the tv powers on and off, there just may not be a code for your TV.

Zeus48
Extra
The input button on my 40.0 remote quit working all of the sudden, and just got the replacement and it won't work either. I can't even select the "tv" button anymore on either. It just flashes 3 times and makes "Sat" button glow. Checked the remote in my room and it's doing the same thing... VERY annoying.

Zeus48
Extra
Figured it out.

Go to menu, settings, remote control, and turn limited control off.

stvlvy1
Extra
Thanks Zeus48, the tech help on chat didn't recognize the problem, despite my telling them clearly that the TV button was not reacting the same as the SAT and AUX buttons, as to how the light came on after pressing it. This was on a 52 remote. With this issue fixed, I have everything working the way I want. Thanks again