Including Punctuation with the New Search

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including Punctuation with the New Search

HawkInOz
Character Actor
I am finding it impossible to search for things like "U.S. Women's Soccer" because there is no option that I can find to add punctuation (periods and commas and dashes and apostrophes, etc.) to the search criteria. Searching for "US Womens Soccer" or any other punctuation-free alternative produces no results, even when there are results to be had. Extremely frustrating. Am I missing a secret method to add in the punctuation that I need to produce results with the "New Search" that DISH is so proud of that they feel the need to "advertise" it on my Guide page? Thanks.
Hopper 3 / 4K Joey
4 Replies

Re: Including Punctuation with the New Search

DISH Employee
I did a search for that here and was able to locate U.S. Women's Soccer by just typing 'US Women' in the search field. Are you on the latest interface, and has the guide information been updated?

HawkInOz
Character Actor
I'm using a newly installed (2 weeks ago) H3 Hopper and a 4K Joey. I couldn't get any results with either of them. Both were restarted multiple times, and both have the full guide information displaying (8 days).

I also tried using the Android Dish Anywhere app on my phone (Results: "There were no results found in 'Guide'."), and the Dish Anywhere app on my Windows 10 computer (Results: "Upcoming games / No games available").
Hopper 3 / 4K Joey

DISH Employee
I can get it sent along to our operations team then as it should be working. The only other thing I can think of is maybe it's not being broadcast in your area. Can I get a PM with the account or phone # to send that along?

HawkInOz
Character Actor
@Tommy F.: PM Sent.

I tried the search again last night, using "US WOMEN" as suggested, and one of the options in the list this time was indeed "U.S. Women's Soccer". However, when I selected that option (I think it was #8, not that it matters), no results were found. However, a quick check of the guide for Channel 143 ESPN2 shows that there is a game scheduled:

Women's Soccer
ESPN2 - 143
9:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Scheduled: U.S. vs. Japan. (Subject to programmer's schedule change).
HD

I should also note that using the Guide in Dish Anywhere to display "Sports" and the default of "All" does not list this game there either. It displays only baseball games. And if I change "All" to "Soccer" it incorrectly displays no results - stating "No games airing."

All these search features on the Hopper, Joey and Dish Anywhere repeatedly fail to produce accurate and/or complete results that absolutely should be found. Which means that we - the consumers/customers will miss airings if we depend only on these unreliable tools to determine availability of programming.
Hopper 3 / 4K Joey