If H3 has 16 tuners, why not use them?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If H3 has 16 tuners, why not use them?

WFScooter
Camera Crew
My point is, if I'm watching CNN with 30 minutes of pause time built up, and I have a timer to record Situation Room, the receiver will start recording from where I'm at on my tuner. This would be fine, except, once I finally make it thru Situation Room I've joined the recording and now and I've miss the start of OutFront.

There are 16 tuners, why interrupt/join one being watched just because it's on the same channel as the program being recorded?

I could see this with only 3 tuners available, but with 16 you should be able to program the receiver software to recognize it has plenty of tuners available and not interrupt/join one in use.

My apologies if this has been talked about already, I tried to search the forum but come up with a good keyword for this. Also, if anyone says record OutFront too, that's not the point.

PS, I'm really watching Fox... :)
3 Replies

Re: If H3 has 16 tuners, why not use them?

scotar
Audio Engineer
It is an occasional bug. By occasional I mean it has happened to me once. It has happened to others too.

Try a reboot.

Like I said, mine did it once and has never happened again.

WFScooter
Camera Crew
Grr... Argh...
Even Dish Anywhere does it. I paused live tv when I left for lunch, when I got back I was joined to a recording on the same channel. Trust me, I reboot my receiver often, the new UI is pretty flaky. :(

stile99
Cinematographer
WFScooter wrote:
Grr... Argh...

AHHH! It's the ending of a Joss Whedon show! Which one did I miss?