I don't want to link to google to use my voice remote!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't want to link to google to use my voice remote!

MrsGriff
Camera Crew

I'm very unhappy that Dish is forcing us to link our google accounts in order to use the voice remote.  This is not what I paid for!  It is none of Dish's business what my google account is, and it is none of Google's business what I watch on Dish!  This 'partnership' is purely $$ driven.  To say that they care about our privacy is a JOKE!   If there was not a privacy risk, then there would not be a reason to 'agree to the privacy terms'. 

If some people want to share with google, then let them.... but not all of us do!!   I want my voice remote back the way it was... it's what was promised to me when I signed up and it's what I'm paying for.  Shame on you, Dish!! Smiley Sad

12 Replies

Re: I don't want to link to google to use my voice remote!

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You don’t pay, and have never paid, for the voice remote feature. It is a completely complimentary feature...

2003rk
Extra
I do not have a Google account I would love to have it back the way it was 👍

MrsGriff
Camera Crew

Of course I pay!  I was sold a package. It is one of the features that I liked about the Dish service.  It included a whole list of things, including a voice remote, that are part of the price I pay to have Dish service.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
It is a complimentary feature, as covered in your agreement. Actually, the switch in software is also very very explicitly covered in the contract and agreement. You do not pay for complimentary features. You pay for services, such as a package subject to change, however that is specific to the linear channels. The only software service you pay for, and it is not even the software you pay for, only the capability of, is DVR service. By having a DVR, you pay for the ability to be able to record. Any changes to software and features, you do not pay for. No matter which way you spin it.

videomom
Extra
Ditto!

MrsGriff
Camera Crew

It's called "BAIT AND SWITCH"!    it's also called "Bad Business"....no matter how you want to spin it.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Bait and switch... no...

Bad business, that would be your opinion, but probably based on nothing more than feelings. Bad business would cost them money, not make them money...

treasuredphotos
Costume Designer

You don’t pay and have never paid, for the voice remote feature. It is a completely complimentary feature...

That may be true but your Dish salesmen and installers use it as a way to sell the Dish Network.  I believe I have also seen Dish commercials showing the voice remote to find a program.  The commercial does not say you have to have Google Assistant to make it work.  

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Nope, just says voice remote. Which it still is.