I Absolutely HATE the New Hopper Interface !!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Absolutely HATE the New Hopper Interface !!!

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
I have been a loyal, although not always very satisfied, Dish customer for a good many years.

If there was any one thing that I could say was good about being a Dish customer, it was the Hopper/DVR and the interface that had always remained the same.

NOT ANYMORE.

I went to bed last night and all was well; I woke up this morning and I have never in my life been so frustrated and completely aggravated about anything as I was when I switched on my TV and found this new ABSOLUTELY AWFUL interface.

There are so many completely awful things about it that I don't know where to begin.

Everything I try to do now takes forever to accomplish.

I have a very hard time reading the faded grey print on the grey background.

Fast-Forward absolutely flies and is uncontrollable.

Making the simplest selection is an act of congress.

Whoever designed this mess should be fired and sent to Siberia.

I have been paying Dish for years and they didn't even have the common decency to give me a choice to not have this mess.

I called customer service and got the usual brain-washed runaround and was basically told to like it or shut up about it.

I have decided that I can take the money that I have been wasting on Dish and just buy DVDs of the shows I want to watch.

If they don't revert me back to the old interface, I am cancelling and they won't see another dime of my money.
Tags (3)
26 Replies

Re: I Absolutely HATE the New Hopper Interface !!!

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Sorry, can't revert back. The rest of us have been using the interface for more than a year, Dish wants all Hoppers using the same software.

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
Dish has lost this customer then.

As soon as I get my saved movies watched that I have already bought and paid dearly for, I am cancelling.

I don't approve of anyone I do business with changing the deal on me without my say so; it goes against the principles of good business.

I hope the powers that be at the big Dish office know just how frustrated I am about this.

I have not found a single feature that is not much worse than I had before; I guess that is progress.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You can switch to DTV, but like most TV providers, they just updated their UI to a more modern carbon UI much to the displeasure of their customer base as well.

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
When I quit, I won't be switching to another provider; like I already said, I can spend my TV entertainment money on DVDs and not have to pay some big company to control how I watch them.

I don't much appreciate these big companies attitude toward their loyal paying customers.

Why anyone in the television business thought it was a good idea to ship-wreck a good user experience and make us dread to turn on the TV is beyond me.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
It made the larger base happy... the younger base, mostly. It is a turn in how people see programs, now they are a more app feel.

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
It made the larger base happy... the younger base, mostly. It is a turn in how people see programs, now they are a more app feel.

This is the first time that I have ever signed into a forum just to address a complaint; I am not at all quick to complain.

DISH is now like a ship that has been broadsided below the waterline; they had better man the pumps fast, else they are a lost cause.

DISH had better very quickly look to the interests of those that actually pay the bills.

I have put up with DISH and sent them about $150 per month, twelve times per year, for at least ten years.

During that time, I have had the equipment that I started with, which I am certain that DISH had in the clear before the first six months had passed; every dime they have gotten from me since has been probably 90% profit to them.

If they do not care to keep me happy, then that is their loss.

Chadt41411
Casting Director

It's actually about an 11% or less profit... but that is semantics.

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
It’s actually about an 11% or less profit... but that is semantics.

Not to work for Dish, you seem to be quite informed.

stile99
Cinematographer
Wait...something isn't adding up here. You're using the same equipment since the day you signed up, which according to you was ten+ years ago? But it is using the updated HOPPER interface? The Hopper was introduced six years ago.

One side of the equation here isn't adding up. You're either using 10+ year old equipment (in which case why it is slow is obvious) or you are using a Hopper. The two are mutually exclusive, you're going to have to choose one or the other.