cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set a timer to record all world cup soccer games

formula155
Extra

Hi,

There are 64 upcoming World Cup games. I would like to set a timer to record them, but according to Dish support I have to set an individual timer for each game, i.e. I can't set a single timer to record all games. Anyone know if this is true or is there a way round this?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
4 Replies

Re: How to set a timer to record all world cup soccer games

Roadijeff
Audio Engineer

If the title in the Guide simply says something like "2018 World Cup" then you could set a timer to record all new episodes.  However, I'm looking at the Guide right now and it says "2018 World Cup Russia". If it has a different title for each team playing then I don't see any way around creating a timer for each event.

Tags (1)

DISH Employee

Roadijeff is correct. If the titles for the games are different, you would have to set a timer for each individual game. However, they are listed in the guide right now as 2018 World Cup Russia, so you would be able to set a timer to record, and it will record all 2018 World Cup Russia events under Record Series. 

formula155
Extra

Thanks for the responses.

Interestingly the title of the matches now seems to be different - when I last checked, and when I spoke with Dish support, I think the title included the countries of the games. Now there seems to be a generic World Cup Russia title, so this is much better. I will still have to set a timer for each channel on which games are shown, I believe, becuase I don't think there is a way to set a timer to record all occurrences of a particular channel no matter what the channel is, but at least I won't have to set 64 different timers!

HitnRunTony
Extra
Load up the Soccer Zone app on your Dish Hopper, click on Record on the top of the screen and select All. That should do the trick.