How to get dishanywhere using dish receiver VIP722K

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get dishanywhere using dish receiver VIP722K

dillondoll
Extra
Dish basic cable is included with my apt. rent. I was told that a hopper woud not work so I have a VIP722K receiver. I've upgraded to get on demand and dvr. I also purchased a dish compatible wireless adapter to access internet. in order to get dish anywhere I purchased a sling. I wanted the on demand and live TV options to stream on my PC.
This is my problem: Both the Wireless adapter and the sling need to use the USB port. Is there a type of USB Hub I can can connect to my receiver so I can use both external drives?

It has been such a nightmare to get my dish the way I had it before. I had the hopper before I moved to my current address and it sure worked great.
2 Replies

Re: How to get dishanywhere using dish receiver VIP722K

peggyrh
Associate Producer
you should have a rear & front usb connection on a 722, I used both the Dish plug in wifi adapter & the Dish sling adapter when I had mine.

Re: How to get dishanywhere using dish receiver VIP722K

Voyager
Extra

I have the VIP722K, and there very definitely are two USB ports - one on the front, the other in the rear. Dish specifically says not to use a hub to add more ports. Since I also have an external hard drive, I really need three USB ports. What to do?