House cabling for Hopper + Joey?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: House cabling for Hopper + Joey?

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Id demand that tech not cut corners and replace any connectors that are needed between the dish and the Hopper and all in between. Cutting corners will cause problems. "Do it right the first time!"

BarbEG
Character Actor
No -- they had to change the ends that plug into the hopper and from the dish to the wiring outside - the thing that it all plugs into - this was not originally done for my initial install - thus 22 months of problems - Updates may or may not happen - tuners kept going out -- Joey would lose sound controls or even the TV settings on the remote -- all because of connectors not being changed out from the beginning to the hopper -- and every time it would rain we would lose signal because of this believe it or not -- and trying to get dish to listen that the install was not done properly -- is like pulling the tusks off an elephant with your hands

The last tech told me the silver connectors are no longer valid for the hopper - it's a different one so they fit better

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Ya, Hopper and Hopper 3 uses different cabling as well. If the Hopper is connected well using RG6, you could connect the Joeys via LAN CAT6 to the Hopper or even wireless with the Joey(s). How my system works. Works great.