Hoppergo questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoppergo questions

anderdea
Extra
1. How long does it take to transfer a 1 hr recorded program to the Hoppergo.

2. I can stream my recorded shows via Dish anywhere to my samsung phone or iPad and then watch them on a TV using Apple Air play and Apple TV for the iPad. For the Samsung phone I can stream to a TV using Dish anywhere and hard wired from the phone via a phone to HDMI adapter and watch full size on a TV. Can I do the same thing with the Hoppergo using Dish Anywhere to watch on a TV or are the portable devices the only way to view my transferred videos?

3. The info says up to 4 hours viewing using Hoppergo. Is it only battery or can it be plugged into a wall outlet for longer viewing time?
3 Replies

Re: Hoppergo questions

1. Depends on the recording. It can take up to an hour if the recording is not automatically prepared to be transferred.

2. We do not support it, but in your case it may work. Your device would connect to the HGo's network, so it will depend on your device.

3. It does run off battery but can be plugged into a wall outlet if you have the proper connections. It charges with Micro USB
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

anderdea
Extra
Thanks for the reply.
I hate the idea of spending $99 and not knowing if I'll be able to watch the transferred files on a large TV. We go on vacation for a month each year and stream using Dish Anywhere which breaks up due to the internet connection where we stay. Being able to watch directly from the Hoppergo seemed like the perfect solution. The videos will be mostly recorded Network TV shows. If it's going to take an hour to transfer each episode of some of those shows, that's a limitation also.

In menu > settings > time defaults, you can make sure Smart Prepare for Mobile is turned ON and this will make it so all recordings are faster transferred to a device
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator