HopperGo with Multiple DISH Accounts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HopperGo with Multiple DISH Accounts

Glen A
Extra

Considering HopperGo purchase; however, I need to determine if it will work with my particular circumstance.

I spend 6 months in Texas and 6 Months in Florida with separate DISH accounts in each location (and separate Hopper3's). I remove DISH Pause on the account associated with my active location, placing the other account on DISH Pause for 6 mos. I therefore have two separate accounts and associated logins to my DishAnywhere apps.

Here is the question: if I transfer recordings to a HopperGo while in one location with the associated DISH account, can I watch those recordings when that account is placed on Pause for 6 mos and my alternate DISH account is activated? (I understand there is a forced re-authentication every 30 Days, but can I authenticate while on DISH Pause?).

BTW, I have a similar problem with external hard drives that are keye to a particular account and I cannot use the hard drive as a portable drive for my recordings.

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: HopperGo with Multiple DISH Accounts

peggyrh
Associate Producer
I don't have one but it probably works the same way as the EHD, recordings are tied to the specific account. Best way to know is to send a PM to one of the Dish reps, names in green.