Hopper3 or 4k Joey

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper3 or 4k Joey

FsT4WrD1
Character Actor
I have been with Dish since 2013, I have had the same equipment but seems that I am due for some upgrading. When I moved (Aug 2016) I wish the tech or someone would have informed me or suggested some of the new products.

Current Equip: Hopper-sling, Hopper, and 4 Joey's

I am adding a 4k TV and cannot figure out if I want Hopper 3 or just put a 4k Joey on that TV, also do I need the 2nd Hopper still since there is a Super Joey out now. What is the diff with Super joey, Hopper 3, and 4k Joey?

Thx in advance
3 Replies

Re: Hopper3 or 4k Joey

DISH Employee
If you are adding a 4K TV you would have the option of the Hopper 3 or the 4K Joey.

If upgrading to the Hopper 3 will replace both of the Hopper receivers on your account. The second Hopper that you have and the original Joeys would simply be exchanged for Joey 2.0 receivers.

The Super Joey provides you with 2 tuners compared to the additional 3 tuners that your second Hopper provides.

The 4K Joey does not provide any additional tuners, it would replace the current Joey that you have if you kept the two Hoppers.

FsT4WrD1
Character Actor
Thank you for the response, 4k Joey questions:

* Netflix access in 4k from 4k Joey?

* If a DVR from 1 of the hoppers is watched from the 4k Joey will it only display the res it was recorded in? I know currently there is not to many 4k TV shows but for future use.

DISH Employee
4K Netflix Streaming is only available on the Hopper 3 receiver.

Correct, the 4K Joey will not upscale 1080i into 4K.