Hopper3 not transferring recording to EHD

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper3 not transferring recording to EHD

crimsonmo
Extra
Hi, My Hopper3 has stoped transferring recordings to my external hard drives. i have had a old WD hard drive for years hooked up to my old DVR. when i got the hopper3 it worked with it flawlessly. I just recently added another External Hard drive ( a my passport 2tb) and it is plugged into the usb 3 and it worked great. i transferred about 24% of the EHD capacity, then the hopper stopped moving recording to BOTH EHD's.
when ever i try to move a recording it will say the recording has been "transferred with errors" but it is still on the hopper. i can still access and watch the recordings previously moved to both external hard drive but can't add any more.
Has anyone else had this problem? I have unplugged the 2 EHD, I have Unplugged the hopper but it didn't help.
i even tried to reset the hopper to a previously saved version but it said it was unable to restore the hopper to an easier version.
Can anyone help?
1 Reply

Re: Hopper3 not transferring recording to EHD

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Its probably because that's a portable drive, Dish doesn't support it. Might work for a while but not reliable, needs to be powered with a plug so it gets consistent power.