Hopper3 can't access recorded shows

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper3 can't access recorded shows

BillK
Audio Engineer
I have a daily timer that I had set to record a program to a specific folder.

The DVR interface told me two recordings were in the folder, but when I tried to enter the folder I got a progress bar that animated blocks on the screen for about a minute or two, then it dropped me back into live TV.

I tried a reboot but the behavior was no different.

I had to tell it to just delete the folder and it said the items were moved to the trash.

When I looked in the trash, there were no items.

So, does the Hopper3 just not let you watch timer recordings, or is it "record to a folder" that's severely broken?

Diagnostics says the hard drive is OK.
34 Replies

Re: Hopper3 can't access recorded shows

JSracer
Audio Engineer
what if you go to the show, but don't drill in the folder, can you hit play just on the show folder ?? like on the main dvr screen.

i have a daily timer, but only 1 in the folder so far.

BillK
Audio Engineer
No - the problem is you can't get to the show.

When you enter the folder and it prepares to show you which shows it has, that's when it tries the lookup that doesn't succeed.

There's no way to play without going into the folder.

Mid90sDishCustomer
Camera Crew
I am experiencing the [b:1q4lvyr7]exact [/b:1q4lvyr7]problem on my Hopper 3. Just started after U341.

Access the recording from the DVR listing, receive the "please wait" animated progress bar until it eventually gives up. This happens whether there is only one episode or multiple (so that icon is a folder).

Reboots do not clear the issue - it seems the recording pointer is permanently corrupted and all recordings under that grouping are forever lost. The only option is the DELETE option (blue button, when using older remote) from the DVR listing.

For me it is occurring with the first recording of the day and only one every three days or so. This recording is of a local channel but off the satellite. Later recording throughout the day do not exhibit this issue (so far, thankfully).

[b:1q4lvyr7][u:1q4lvyr7]Dish reps[/u:1q4lvyr7][/b:1q4lvyr7] - this is a pretty frustrating issue - let me know what other information to provide to help get this one solved. I can deal with it since the recording I am losing is only the daily local and national news, but if it begins to impact the once-a-week drama shows I am going to be sad. :cry:

[i:1q4lvyr7](EDIT: deleted notes - learned that this may be related to manual timers)[/i:1q4lvyr7]

DISH Employee
Were these setup as manual timers by chance?

Mid90sDishCustomer
Camera Crew
Those affected recordings were manual records, in my case.

I had just read somewhere else that this might be the trigger. Thus, I went back to my timers and deleted all manuals to make them guide-based (hopefully extending the guide-based timers by x minutes doesn't cause this bug, too?)

DISH Employee
There is a known issue where manual timers saved to custom folders can't be accessed, however it sounds like this is related to that. Definitely keep us posted if the guide timers run into the same situation.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
Got ya, my manual timer is not sorted into a custom folder. Just the main dvr folder. From there i highlight the show, and hit play.
If i entered the folder, xcounts and things are not right.

DISH Employee
I'll send that forward for you then. I have seen a few times where similar issues are bundled under the one report to prevent multiple issues from being opened.

Mid90sDishCustomer
Camera Crew
Tommy F. wrote:
There is a known issue where manual timers saved to custom folders can't be accessed, however it sounds like this is related to that. Definitely keep us posted if the guide timers run into the same situation.

Will do. For clarification, my manual timers experiencing this issue were [b:182y419c]not [/b:182y419c]saving the recordings to a custom folder (I actually don't use that feature at all at the moment).