Hopper3 can't access recorded shows

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper3 can't access recorded shows

BillK
Audio Engineer
I have a Hopper 3 also, and at least with my 40.0 remote the red button brings up a watch option.

From now on I will have to try just pressing play.

BillK
Audio Engineer
My bad... it's not Option/red button, it's highlight then [b:3tig9ekw]Info[/b:3tig9ekw], then Watch… or press Play.

BlueRidgePro
Camera Crew
What is the timeline for a fix from Dish?

This is an obvious software problem affecting many customers.

BillK
Audio Engineer
Given their past handling of software issues, I'd say "never."

I hate to be so negative, but the 722 has basic DVR functionality bugs that everyone, including DISH, knows about and they have never even tried to fix them in the past eight or so years.

Ironically, many of them continue on in the Hoppers (mostly involving the way skipping backward or forward or pausing then resuming playback often sends you back or forward ten or more minutes into a program.)

That said, now that I've outlined a specific 100% reproducible test case, they may work on it.

Thing is, I'm unaware of how to open a specific bug report with DISH; I tried reporting it via customer service but they just kept wanting to schedule a truck roll to replace my Hopper 3.

C5diesel
Extra
I am having the problem. It started today we can not watch any shows that have multiple episodes. I have tried reseting the receiver about 10 times.

BlueRidgePro
Camera Crew
C5diesel wrote:
I am having the problem. It started today we can not watch any shows that have multiple episodes. I have tried reseting the receiver about 10 times.

You can watch by highlighting the top level of the show (bug keeps you from getting to see the episode list), and hit the 'info' key and then select 'watch'. This lets you watch the shows, but you have no control over the order in which they can be watched. Not perfect, but at least you don't lost the recordings...
Highlighted

BillK
Audio Engineer
FWIW, [b:3cei6szv]not[/b:3cei6szv] fixed in U345.

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
BlueRidgePro wrote:
What is the timeline for a fix from Dish?

This is an obvious software problem affecting many customers.

I don't believe I've [b:3ghuw7u6]ever [/b:3ghuw7u6]seen any kind of "timeline" for bug-fixes from DISH.

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
C5diesel wrote:

I heard it takes 11 reboots (sorry - just kidding - we all feel your pain)

bangali
Character Actor
Dish Folks,

Any solution for this issue?

The symptom continues to be, if you set up a manual timer only the last recording under that timer shows up in the list of recordings. This is always the case whether you choose to save the recordings to a folder or not.

This issue only happens for manual timers setup as From Time to To Time recurring recordings. I have not experienced this issue with regular recurring program timers setup from the guide.

Also:
1) The count of recordings when it is 2, is shown is correctly till you click to see the individual recordings at which point the recording count resets back to 1 till you exit and go back to DVR recordings again.
2) The count of recordings when it is 3 you just see the running bar for a while and then it quits that window and goes back to viewing whatever was playing. (I noticed this for recordings saved at top level but don't know if it does the same for recordings saved to folder.)

Any update on the fix for this issue would be much appreciated.

Thank you.