Hopper3 External HD issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper3 External HD issues

dflem29
Costume Designer
I have recently had inconsistent problems with EHD (2 TB with separate power supply) being recognized after an error that was not noted with any message, acted like everything was okay...

Twice now (not every time transferring), there has been some kind of error when transferring (to & from H3wS) shows... it just stopped processing. When checking the status it showed '0', so I selected the [Stop] option, which then showed how much time was left but would not proceed and can't use the drive as it thinks it is in the middle of the process. The [Stop] option does NOT clear out the error. Unplugging the drive does not reset the drive, it still thinks the processed transfer is in progress. The only way to reset the EHD is to [reset] the Hopper by pressing the red button on the front. Then the drive will be recognized as normal.

Shouldn't the [Stop] option actually reset the EHD? The programming acts like it is stuck in the processing loop.

My previous HwS would give me a warning notification box that there was an error transferring. After that notice I could continue to use the EHD without any problems... it didn't matter what EHD brand I used, there were occasional errors... No idea what had caused them...

H3wS doesn't give that warning, it just stops processing and freezes up the use of any EHD. It will not recognize a different EHD as it thinks the previous one is still in use.

Can you fix this error and make the [Stop] selection reset the EHD?
6 Replies

Re: Hopper3 External HD issues

DISH Employee
Hello! I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing this issue. This definitely shouldn't be happening, I would be happy to send this feedback to our Engineer Team so they can find a solution as soon as possible.

dflem29
Costume Designer
It is still happening! I can reset from the front panel and the EHD will work for awhile. Afraid to do a complete (hard reset) until I have transferred my programs that is VERY SLOW going between resets. I do not have any confidence that the unplugging reboot will fix the problem as I was having the similar issues with my previous HwS.

Is this problem being looked at? I can't believe that I am the only one experiencing these issues, although probably a minority of subscribers use EHD's.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
A lot of people use EHD's, not having issues with either of mine.

dflem29
Costume Designer
Something must have been fixed! I haven't had any EHD transfer problems with them 'freezing' in the last couple of days, although I am doing transfers in smaller batches. :) :) Will still do a hard reset by unplugging the system hopefully by tomorrow just in case.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Always best to do transfers in small batches, that's the way I've done it for several years & had minimal issues.

dflem29
Costume Designer
Specifically, this is what is now working that wasn't when I first posted! The 'Stop' selection now works, as it should, and doesn't freeze the EHD. I have now, on occasion, gotten the notice when there was an error while transferring, at the end of my transfer selection that did not freeze the EHD.

Good to have some good news! :D