cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hopper3, 54.0 Remote

JB34
Extra
We recently upgraded to the Hopper 3 & new Joey's and I hate these new remotes. The 54.0 remotes turn on the TVs but do not power on the Hopper 3 or Joey's in our bedrooms. Yes, I push the SAT button then the power button like you're supposed to but nothing happens. I have to reset the Hopper every day to turn it on. Same with the Joey in our bedroom. This is ridiculous. Everything else works perfect but why can't I turn my Hopper 3 or Joey's off with the remotes?? Anyone have a suggestion or have this issue?
4 Replies

Re: Hopper3, 54.0 Remote

tommyy2
Cinematographer

I'm not positive but I think the 54 remote shuts down the TV instantly but has a delay before the Hopper will shut down.  Try it again and wait 15 minutes to see what happens.

JB34
Extra
Yes, it does turn everything off just fine but does not turn it on like it should.

tommyy2
Cinematographer

Sounds like the remote is not set up correctly for your TV.  There are multiple codes for each manufacturer and perhaps youi have selected one that does not work properly for the turn on.

I would try a different one: setting>remote>etc etc and try to skip the one you have currently selected.

Good luck

Let us know how it comes out.

tommyy2
Cinematographer

OOPS having a bad day, disregard previous post.

Have you checked to see if the remote is paired?

Try unpairing and repairing it?

Settings>diagnostics) top right side of screen.

anyways if this don't work there are a lot more knowledgeable folks here who will be glad to help.