cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hopper with sling

JS
Character Actor

Does anyone know how to change the setting on a Hopper with Sling so it doesn’t change to live tv from when I’m watching a dvr recording? I’m not using all the 3 tuners for recording . Just one. I don’t have Prime channels recording. Thanks 

6 Replies

Re: Hopper with sling

DISH Employee

Hi JS! Can you let me know a little more about this situation? You're watching a DVR event and it's switching to live TV randomly, or at the end of the event, or something else?

JS
Character Actor

I’m watching a recording and the hopper switches in the middle of it to live tv and starts to record it. It is at the beginning of the program.  It happened to be Hannity. I don’t have Hannity set to record at all. I don’t have any of the Prime Channels set. But in order to get back to my movie I have to back to dvr then find my movie again and resume. It’s frustrating. Is there a timer set or something? I can’t see one but. Thanks 

DISH Employee

Is this only happening with this particular recording or have you noticed it going to live TV from other recordings as well?

JS
Character Actor

From other movie recordings mostly Hallmark movies. 

DISH Employee

Can you try checking the daily schedule tab in your DVR menu to see if there are any timers set to to auto tune to a channel during this time?

JS
Character Actor

Thanks I’ll try that next time it happens. I can’t see any conflicts now anyway.