cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper with sling, recording on two tuners

Mine is doing the same thing

DISH Employee

Hello, gordonadkison. I would be happy to help with this issue. Do you have the same Hopper with Sling? How many Joeys do you have? 

CTPauli
Extra
I too am having the same issue. I am a new Dish customer and have a Hopper w/ Sling and 1 Joey. I got a message that I needed to change the channel to record a show. When I checked the tuners, there were 2 of the 3 in use. The one I was using to watch live TV and one that seemed to be recording primetime TV (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC) - even tho it was 7pm and my primetime anytime is turned off.
I pose the same question as AggieJustin - why do I have to change the channel if I have a tuner free. Also, why would primetime anytime use a tuner when it's turned off? (Added info about primetime anytime: after about 10 minutes the tuner was freed up, and at no point did any of the recordings appear on my DVR.)

Anyone have any idea why this happens or have a solution?
Thanks

DISH Employee

Hi CTPauli, did you also check the daily schedule or the guide to see if it was still showing there? The receiver may need a hard reset if the PTAT is off and the tuners still show that the major networks are still recording.