Hopper with sling issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper with sling issue

aellis722
Character Actor
Everytime I watch TV and I'm not on live tv, about 15 seconds before you get to live tv the picture and audio starts going in and out. The picture become all distorted and pixelated and the sound will go in and out. I've had this problem every sense day one. I've talked to Dish about it on the phone and they have no idea what I'm talking about. I went to my mom's house to see if she had the same issue as me, and hers did the same. Is this a bug on all Dish DVRs or something only related to the hopper with sling. Does Dish know about the problem, and is it still a problem on the new hopper 3 any help would be great.
11 Replies

Re: Hopper with sling issue

DISH Employee
There are some things I want to check with you to make sure everything is in working order. What has changed since it was working correctly? Was the Hopper w/Sling moved or disconnected for awhile? What is the current Software Version of the unit?

aellis722
Character Actor
The software# is S545NDGB. We have had the issue ever since we signed up for dish over 3 years now. I've talked to Dish but they don't know what I'm talking about. At one point we unhooked the hopper because we thought we needed a new on, because it wouldn't connect to the internet. Long story short it was not the hopper, but are ISP. We hooked the current hopper back up and didn't keep the new one because we didn't have a hard drive to transfer recording. When we had the new one set up, I think forgot to see if it had the same issue as ours, but I know my mom's hopper with sling did it. That's why I was thinking it was a hopper only bug.

aellis722
Character Actor
What are some things that you want me to try? Did you ever read my last post? I would like to remedy this problem.

Community Manager
Community Manager
What makes the issue go away? Does this happen on both VOD and DVR content?

aellis722
Character Actor
No Vod and DVR content is fine. It just starts to mess up right before it hits live tv. Once live tv hits it pauses for a second and resumes live tv. It's not a smooth transition to live tv. Everything else works fine outside a random restart every now and then.

Community Manager
Community Manager
This isn't a widespread issue, as far as I am aware. Have we replaced your equipment or sent out a tech/

aellis722
Character Actor
Ok thanks for the answer. No I have not replaced the equipment. I Thought about updating to the Hopper 3 if there going to force the update no matter what anyway. Does Dish always require a new contract when someone updates the equipment. Do they allow hopper with sling to hopper 3 DVR transfers. I don't have a external hard drive and don't want to loose my shows that I have recorded.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Yes, you can xfer video files from one hopper to the next. its [b:2yul9a2t]HIGHLY [/b:2yul9a2t]recommended to get them on to a external USB 3.0 2Tb sized HDD BEFORE the new unit arrives if you decide to upgrade.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
If you purchase the equipment, there is no contract. Contracts only occur when you upgrade leased equipment.