cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper with Sling Software Bug?

gacoon
Camera Crew
Reciever: Hopper2 with Sling, SW Version U224 installed 12/30/2016, 1:34am

When recordings begin unit switches to viewing the started recording even though additional tuners are available. User must then manually re-engage previous channel being viewed. There are defintely some bugs in the recording/tuner/channel behaviour. This is definitely different from my older Hopper.
9 Replies

Re: Hopper with Sling Software Bug?

DISH Employee
When is the time this is happening? What are the channels it has been happening on? Is this during Prime Time Anytime (PTAT) hours? If so do you have PTAT enabled?

gacoon
Camera Crew
PTAT is not enabled.

I set up and ran a test this morning. Here are the results and they substantiate that there is indeed a problem:

0956am
- Tuner 1 watching Channel 3
- Tuner 2 available
- Tuner 3 available
- DVR Schedule
- Chan 186 for 10am with 1 minute early start
- Chan 182 for 10am with 1 minute early start

0958am
- Timer Notification 1204 came up saying a recording was going to start. I selected “Allow�.

0959am
- Recording started on Channel 182 and TV switched to viewing that Channel (from Channel 3)

1000am
- Tuner 1 – watching and recording (182)
- Tuner 2 – available
- Tuner 3 – recording (186)

On my older Hopper would have just started the recordings on the two unused Timers and continued to watch Channel 3, also older Hopper never gave Timer Notifications unless Timers was not available. This is very inconvenient behavior.

krmills
Character Actor
I was sent over to read your post because I'm having the same problem. Old unit worked fine, new unit keeps switching to shows I'm recording. They had better find a fix soon. I want my old one back!!

DISH Employee
krmills wrote:
I was sent over to read your post because I'm having the same problem. Old unit worked fine, new unit keeps switching to shows I'm recording. They had better find a fix soon. I want my old one back!!

Did this issue start happening when you received your new unit? Does this happen with all shows (Prime Time Anytime or not) or only certain ones? Does this happen at a specific time in the day (morning, afternoon, evening)?

gacoon
Camera Crew
Did this issue start happening when you received your new unit?
Yes
Does this happen with all shows (Prime Time Anytime or not) or only certain ones?
Do not use Prime Time. Unit came with it turned on and I turned it off after I got it set up.

Does this happen at a specific time in the day (morning, afternoon, evening)?
Unknown - happens during my normal viewing hours.

Please see my post above outlining the test I performed and associated results. Please pass this to technical support team, they can set this up in a test lab and verify. Others are also reporting this issue.
Further testing is needed.

gacoon
Camera Crew
Here is some more info on this bug. It appears that when tuner 3 is recording a non prime time station and a recording starts for a prime time station and other tuners are available the error will occur. There is something wrong with the tuner availability selection logic and I,ll bet it has somthing to do with tuner 3 be prioritzed some how. Note prime time anytime is off on my box.

gacoon
Camera Crew
Dish any progress on this bug, has it been submitted to support team?

BrianL
Character Actor
It may have already been reported. Please send a Private Message with either the phone number associated to the Dish account, or the account number. I will submit this issue if it hasn't been done, or I will add you to the ticket. -Brian L-

scotar
Audio Engineer
I had this problem once on my H3. I was told it is a known issue.

https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19250