Hopper w/Sling resets itself at least once a day

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper w/Sling resets itself at least once a day

alsperb
Character Actor
My hopper w/sling has been resetting itself at least once a day for months. It used to be worse doing this several times a day, usually, but not always, while fast forwarding or reversing a recorded program or a live broadcast. Now it has done it during a Netflix show. Sometimes it does it changing channels. At first I thought it was a software update and later updates would eliminate the problem. I need help with this problem. Albert Sperb alsperb@gmail.com
6 Replies

Re: Hopper w/Sling resets itself at least once a day

DISH Employee
Do you get any kind of error message on the screen when this happens?

alsperb
Character Actor
No, the screen simply turns black and stays black for 1 to 5 mins and there is no response to the remote during that time. Then it initiates the restart and after that it goes blank briefly then it will restart again and go all the way through to the finding the signal before it completes restarting and goes to the last channel we were watching. Also, when the screen goes black, we are unable to turn the Hopper off with the on/off button on the front of the Hopper and the only button that will work is the reset button.

alsperb
Character Actor
I guess there will be no reply now.

I am sorry that you were not replied to. Do you use closed captioning at all? Do you have the receiver plugged into a a power strip or surge protector?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

alsperb
Character Actor
Yes, I use closed captioning and I have the receiver plugged into a power strip with surge protection.

Wdbford
Extra
There was a post by Matt G. below asking if closed captioned was used and the response was yes. There hasn't been a reply post from Matt G for the question being asked. I use closed caption and my hopper and joeys reset saveral times during the day everyday.

"Postby Matt G » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:26 pm
I am sorry that you were not replied to. Do you use closed captioning at all? Do you have the receiver plugged into a a power strip or surge protector?"