Hopper w/Sling “No Episodes Available”

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper w/Sling “No Episodes Available”

mitch
Character Actor
My Hopper w/Sling displays “no episodes available” whenever I select any DVR recorded show with multiple episodes recorded. Anybody ever see something like this?
10 Replies

Re: Hopper w/Sling “No Episodes Available”

motochick
Extra

Same problems here...just woke up this morning can't play any of my recordings.

KatzeKitty
Extra

Me, too.  I found another thread here from around August 11 showing similar issues.  One tip they shared was that we can access our recordings from the phone/tablet Dish Anywhere app, and can even “throw” them to show on the TV itself.  And, it works!

They said Dish said it was a common internal issue and that engineering was working on it, and it seemed to get fixed with a software update within a day or two.  Think we need to go through the hassle to contact customer service, or just wait it out?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You can PM the page here, and that way can be added to the list, but generally, waiting it out is the real solution.

DISH Employee

This has since been fixed, if you are still seeing the issue please turn off your receivers for an hour and make sure that there are no timers scheduled during that time. 

Thank you! 

Highlighted

mitch
Character Actor
It has been fixed, but this is a recurrent issue for me. In particular, any time that a Wally with external DVR that I use for RVing is started up I get the “no episodes” message for many hours after turning the system on. I would appreciate a lasting solution to the entire problem.

DISH Employee

We'll probably want to get this feedback forwarded to our Tech Ops team for further investigation. Is your Wally already authorized when you get the error initially?

cenrietto
Extra

Baloney.  Every show with a title that showed up after a search said “No episode available”.  So why list them?

DISH Employee

cenrietto, are you seeing this issue on an external hard drive or through the Hopper's hard drive? 

mitch
Character Actor
The original problem was with the internal hard drive of the Hopper. That problem occurs infrequently. The problem with the Wally showing “no episodes” is a complete, frequent, nuisance that happens EVERY time the Wally has been powered down for a few days.