Hopper using more than one tuner to record a program

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper using more than one tuner to record a program

tlcarrig
Extra
I have the old Hopper (1). Tonight my wife set a program to be recorded from a Joey. When it came time to start the recording, the Hopper had it being recorded on all three tuners. This is the first time it has happened but many, many times she will set a recording and the Hopper will use two tuners. I have five Joeys but 99% of the time only two are in use along with the Hopper. Any solution to this other than getting a Hopper 2 or 3? If I do get a newer Hopper, will I have to change out my Joeys?
4 Replies

Re: Hopper using more than one tuner to record a program

peggyrh
Associate Producer
If you upgrade to Hopper 3 you will need new Joey's as well (part of the install) - newer Joeys will be faster.

16 tuners, faster Hopper & faster Joeys - if you can get a good deal on an upgrade seems like it would be worth it - especially if you record a lot.

tlcarrig
Extra
Still haven't seen an answer to my question. I know that changing to a Hopper 3 will solve the problem. With that in mind, how many Joeys can I hook to a Hopper 3 without having to add anything special? I have 4 hooked up now and three channels can be watched. One for each tuner. Two TVs have to be watching the same channel. Does this mean that a Hopper 3 can support 16 TVs since it has 16 tuners and can record 16 shows at once?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
I believe it's 7 Joeys.

tlcarrig
Extra
Problem solved. Ordered Hopper 3 and 4K Joeys.