Hopper update - pop up box on dvr movie playback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper update - pop up box on dvr movie playback

amhobbs
Character Actor
With the new Hopper update, whenever we try to play a recorded movie that was recorded during a free preview weekend (HBO, Cinemax, etc), it now has this pop up box "Pay Per View Free Preview" that won't go away. The movie will play, but this pop up box will not. If we select "yes" to order the movie, it tell us to go to On Demand to order it. If we select "no" it turns off the movie and goes to live tv. I have not found a way to cancel out of that box so we can watch the movie without this box blocking part of the screen. I'm hoping this is a software glitch and not a way to strong arm customers into ordering the premium channels.
13 Replies

Re: Hopper update - pop up box on dvr movie playback

What is the number that shows in the corner of the message?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

amhobbs
Character Actor
The first pop up box shows code 371. Then after pressing ok and canceling out of some subscription, a box pops up asking me to order the movie that will remain on the screen for the duration of viewing. If I click yes, it tells me to go to On Demand to rent it and if I press no, it stops the playback and goes to live TV. Is there a way to post pictures to this forum. I'm not finding a way. I thought the "Img" button would but it isn't.

There is not a way to post a pic here.

All Free Previews will become available at 5:00pm ET the day before the listed From date and end at 2:00am ET the day after the listed To date.
Free previews can be recorded. If the program being recorded is an HDCP protected event, the recording will receive an authorization message, like you, after the free preview period has ended.

amhobbs
Character Actor
The strange thing is that this was never a problem before the new software update. We would have free HBO for a weekend, we would record the shows and then could watch them anytime we wanted for days, weeks, even years after recording them. Now these pop ups show up. I assume others are having the same problem and not just me.

Free previews can be recorded. If the program being recorded is an HDCP protected event, the recording will receive an authorization message, like you, after the free preview period has ended.

This is all HBO content. Unfortunately this means that this is by design for HDCP (copyright stuff) content

https://www.mydish.com/support/drm

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Others are having the same issue, & it's new to H3. I have shows from free previews saved to EHD that go back a few years & on the ones I checked some have the message. Since I have HBO & the ones with the message were on HBO it doesn't make sense - I ended up deleting 5 yesterday.

amhobbs
Character Actor
Oh and another couple of problems with the new update:
1) Response time with the DVR is VERY slow. You push a button on the remote and it takes a second or two for the DVR to respond.
2) Trying to watch something recorded on the DVR it kicks you out back to the screen that shows what is currently being recorded.

Looking forward to a credit of this month's fee with all of the problems I've been having.

Shockersgirl
Extra
I am having the exact same problem!!!!I woke up last week and as my daily routine I made a pot of coffe and grabbed my remote to watch my morning news. I had a box immediately pop up on the screen for a system update which I have never done previously before and I have had this box for over a year. So I clicked ok watched my news turned it off and went to work. Came home after work, took a shower, and turned my joey on for my nightly movie.. went to my dvr to watch a recording and I had a 371 code pop up in the middle of the screen but the movie playing in The background. NOW THIS 371 ATTENTION CRAP is popping up on all my dvr recordings!!!! And no matter what I do the stupid box won't disappear!! I've had these movies for over a year! THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH PAY PER VIEW!! IVE NEVER ORDERED A PAY PER VIEW MOVIE BEFORE! I'm trying to watch On the other side of the door.. which was on hbo and the stupid 371 box keeps saying PAY PER VIEW "Scream" movie!! I could care less about the scream movie!! So confused???Why the hell do I need to do anything with pay per view to watch a recorded dvr movie???? So aggravated. I'm old fashioned. I should have never updated. Not aggravated to any one who answers.. just aggravated that I can't watch any of my favorite movies that I have recorded on my dvr with out this dumb box in the way.

Shockersgirl
Extra
And Cinemax and stars, really all of my movies that are recorded without commercials look like they have the 371 box 😶