Hopper update adds option to change nightly reset time.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper update adds option to change nightly reset time.

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

OMG!! Thank you.  After years of not being able to control the shut down every third night, I am watching and low and behold there is a pop up asking me if I want to continue watching.  Also gave me the option to go in and, get this, choose the restart time.  I set it for 5AM.

Thank you Dish.  This is a fix that has been years in the making.

For those people, who for years, said it was "impossible" to do with the H3, guess you were wrong.  You know who you are, LOL.  Dringking too much cool aid.

I think the thread about this topic was several years in duration and a huge number of posts.

Again, thank you Dish......

3 Replies

Re: Hopper update adds option to change nightly reset time.

Chadt4141
Associate Producer

Never said it was impossible, but you can thank the new UI as a part of the fix. That includes on h1 and H2’s.

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

Never said it was you.  

And the code changed.  The UI is just that, a User Interface and is not the coding.  It is how the settings (coding) are shown to the user in a friendly format.  It is a skin.

There were excuses like the chips were hard coded and could not be changed.  Cheaper bandwidth, blah blah ad nauseum.   Blue cool aid was regurgitated by many when the real reason it wasn't done was because dish didn't want to.

But that is water under the bridge.  They fixed it.

And why did some yahoo change my thread title?

jmb
Extra

Just got the first popup tonight/today.  So happy about this.  Since I am a late nighter, I was actually considering cancelling DISH because of the all too frequent interuption in TV viewing at 1a.m. It was making me angrier every time it happened and I almost couldn't stand it.

Couldn't watch DVR, NETFLIX, TV, nothing.  And, it took up to 9 minutes to finish updating.  Also couldn't record any programs that were airing during this time because it would stop recording during this time as well.

So glad this has been resolved.