Hopper recording shows on all channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper recording shows on all channels

JulieB478
Extra

I recently switched to Dish from Xfinity/Comcast.  Xfinity isn't offered to where I moved.  With Xfinity, I could tell it to record "Show XYZ" on ABC at such and such time, new episodes only.  I would get exactly that.  With Dish, I tell it to record "Show XYZ" new only, and I get every instance of this show, from all channels.  For instance.  I have Grey's Anatomy (ABC) set to record new episodes.  I KNOW that it won't be back until the fall, but on my DVR there were 3 "new" episodes recorded from Lifetime Channel, several seasons back.  We are recording Coopers Treasure on Discovery Channel and it is recording episodes from Discovery Channel as well as the Science Channel.  The episodes from the Science channel are a week behind and have a different title.  We start watching only to find out that we've already seen the episode.

Is there a way to tell the DVR to record a show on a specific channel, rather than ALL episodes on ALL channels.  I'm discovering that eventhough a a show may be a re-run, if it is shown for the first time on another channel, other than it's home channel, it pops up as new. 

3 Replies

Re: Hopper recording shows on all channels

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
You have seek timers recording. Delete those timers, and I. Order to prevent the seek timer from setting up, you’ll need to schedule the recording on from the channel itself(select the episode airing on that channel, and then select your recording options.

As far as Grey’s goes, if you have PrimeTimeAnytime set up, it will automatically record the show and store it for up to 8 days, but you can save it for longer by selecting “Save show” or “Save Series”.

JulieB478
Extra

Thank you.  I don't have PTAT set up.  I'm assuming that "seek timers" is a default setting and can't be changed.  So basically, I need to wait for the show to appear in the channel guide and select record. Is this correct?

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
It’s the default if you’re using it in the search, and the show is not set to come. I believe the listing you select is “record when available”. To get it on a specific channel, yes, you’ll have to wait for it to appear in the guide. Usually 9 days prior to its airing, depending on the receiver you use.