Hopper recording double shows

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper recording double shows

johnclayborn
Extra
Hi Customer Support. We recently switched to Dish a few months ago. Things had been going okay until about two weeks ago. We have a lot of shows set up to auto-record the "new only" episode to the DVR.
However, we noticed that on some channels it has started concurrently recording both the SD and the HD versions of the show. For example, the CBS show Elementary. Back in January it was only recording the HD episode of this show. Now it's recording both versions. But other shows on the same channel only record the HD version. Another example; on Fox: APB records only the HD show, but Lethal Weapon records both versions. Both timers are set to record the same channel. It's very frustrating. :(
11 Replies

Re: Hopper recording double shows

DISH Employee
A couple of things to check on this, is this happening during Prime Time Anytime (PTAT) hours? If so do you have PTAT Enabled on the Hopper? If they are not in the (PTAT) hours, have you tried to delete that timer, reset the Hopper and then reset that timer?

knealy
Character Actor
I've been having my Hopper 3 record duplicate programs. For example I set it up to record only new shows of HUMANS. When I checked the scheduled recording I found it was planning to record the same episode four times! I had to manually skip three of them. I also am get two recordings of the PBS Newshour on weekdays. There are other examples as well. PTAT is not enabled. This didn't happen before about a month ago.

winy68
Camera Crew
I'm getting this problem as well.

they are not ptat shows. i'm recording only new shows, however every time the show is on it's recording it. only the first time should be new and each rerun should not be recorded, yet it is. for several shows but not all

JSracer
Audio Engineer
you will notice in the information there is no season or episode number, so it will record again
have seen this for a few weeks now.

winy68
Camera Crew
Dish, who takes our money

is quick to blame the company that provides guide info and hopper software (echostar?)

yet ultimately it's their problem and they dont seem motivated to fix these types of problems.

DISH Employee
knealy wrote:
I've been having my Hopper 3 record duplicate programs. For example I set it up to record only new shows of HUMANS. When I checked the scheduled recording I found it was planning to record the same episode four times! I had to manually skip three of them. I also am get two recordings of the PBS Newshour on weekdays. There are other examples as well. PTAT is not enabled. This didn't happen before about a month ago.

Our engineering team is aware of these issues and they are working on having them corrected as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Kitty
Extra
I too find my Hopper system records two copies of any show for which I have a preset timer and the show falls into the PTAT category. Additionally it appears the preset timer records the SD version of the show and PTAT records the HD version. Would be nice if the programmers could find a way to:
1- ensure set Timers record the HD version over an available SD version
2- prevent the PTAT collected copy from appearing in the respective show's folder that should be dedicated to recrordings generated by set Timers.
Are the above issues recognized and being addressed?
If so, is there a forecast for how long it will take to resolve?

VanessaK
Camera Crew
These are known issues that have been reported and our engineers are working on correcting the issues.

ferrous1
Extra
Why hasn't this issue been fixed yet? It's been over a month. It's annoying seeing double episodes everywhere. I feel like someone stole my lunch money.