Hopper not an input choice on my TV......was before.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper not an input choice on my TV......was before.

sparslow
Extra
All of a sudden we no longer have the choice of our hopper as an input on our Sony Bravia TV. I verified power, did a power reset, still does not show on the TV as an option. My Joeys ARE working. Geen power light is on and remote finder works. When tech did initial install, he needed to do some sort of reset on my TV I believe. Any help appreciated.
7 Replies

Re: Hopper not an input choice on my TV......was before.

DISH Employee
Have you tried to use another HDMI port on the TV to see the Hopper appears on any of those?

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Might review the TVs user manual for any resets and configurations of inputs. Other inputs should work if you have more than one HDMI port.

tommyy2
Audio Engineer
HDMI can be problematic. Since you have joeys I assume you have other TVs, is it possible to move one of your other TVs so you can hook it to the Hopper using the HDMI cable that was working with the joey. Hopefully this will point you to the problem (the Hopper with it's HDMI cable) or the TV. If it works with the other TV try swapping the HDMI cable to see if it's the cable or the TV.

This will save you from wasting a lot of time working on the wrong box.
I've seen it happen and it is not pretty.

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
Make sure that whatever input you are using on the TV (HDMI 1, 2, etc) is working (maybe try a DVD player on it?).
Another idea would be to connect the Hopper using one or more of it's other alternate outputs - it can do COMPONENT (R,G,B Jacks) or the old COMPOSITE (Yellow RCA video jack) to make sure the Hopper is working at all. Otherwise you could trying Googling your TV to see if there is any info out there.

FROM SONY HELP PAGE:

Re: Sony TV is not displaying picture or has no signal
Options

Sony wants your feedback! http://bit.ly/WcYjMO
If you are receiving a no display or no signal message on your Sony BRAVIA® TV we will walk you though the steps to resolve this situation.
If you have any further questions please feel free to ask away. I will do my best to find the answer you

https://community.sony.com/t5/Televisio ... td-p/66861

Chadt41411
Casting Director
I'm confused. Are you saying the input is no longer labeled Hopper?

sparslow
Extra
Thanks for all the suggestions. What I ended up having to do was reset my TV. I went online where it told me to push the up arrow on my remote while holding the power button on my TV. Once I did that, all the HDMI inputs, including my hopper, were once again listed. Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply. It helped!!!!

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Enjoy. ;)