Hopper keeps rebooting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper keeps rebooting

Jackman2018
Character Actor
So we have had Dish for about a year or two and one problem keeps happening, the hopper reboots on its own. It usually happens in the evening, between 8pm-11pm. Rarely did it happen in the daytime or morning but it did recently. They replace the hopper already but same issue arose. Thing is DISH only says "call us when it happens" well sometimes it happens when we don't feel like talking to someone over the phone. We do what they say, unplug and plug it back in after a certain time, do I manual reset via red button but it still happens. I hate this because it interrupts our recordings and DISH doesn't have CBS or CW or any of the shows my parent watch so they miss out. We can watch online but they cant as they watch telenovelas a.k.a soap operas. Anyone know how to fix this or know what can cause it?

Recap, we tried everything they told us to do from un plug and plug in to replacing the hopper itself. We switched to cut down on how much we pay but I feel like we made a mistake and should've tried another service.
Oh before, when it first happened it was attached to a surge protector but since then we plug it in to the outlet itself. Seems that wasn't the issue.
Tags (3)
4 Replies

Re: Hopper keeps rebooting

DISH Employee
When the receiver resets do it give you a message first?

Jackman2018
Character Actor
SamanthaF wrote:
When the receiver resets do it give you a message first?

No, it acts as if we manually reset it ourselves, from the settings. It sometimes happens at the hour, for example, 11:00pm or sometimes 7:00pm. Its the hopper itself that resets, the other receivers are unaffected other than being disconnected from the hopper during a reset.

onenite06
Extra

Mine does the exact same thing and Dish keeps saying, "Call us when it occurs again." A tech from Dish has been out here to try to resolve the issue and done complete and partial factory resets and the problem has not been resolved.

DISH Employee

Is your Hopper enclosed in a cabinet or closet, and is it on a hard surface? Also, I need you to check something for me, please.

Press the Home button 2 times on the Hopper remote, then select Settings>Power. What is it showing for the "Daily Reset Time"?