Hopper hesitates-pixelates-no sound

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper hesitates-pixelates-no sound

javeis
Character Actor
For the past month while watching DVR our hopper has been hesitating, pixelating, different channel showing thru the pixelation, then no sound. All happening within a few seconds then back to normal. Hitting the back button
will show everything fine the second time through. It happens a few times per hour on DVR and on Live TV at times.
Have tried unplugging and seems to work for a few hours. Signal strength is 58-60, all ok on check switch
8 Replies

Re: Hopper hesitates-pixelates-no sound

DISH Employee
What is the model of Hopper you're using? As well can I get the Software Version? What has changed from the time it was working properly until now?

javeis
Character Actor
I have a Hopper with sling, I think the software version was R55? updated 12/16? but had it updated to U224 on 1/20. The updated seemed to have helped so far with the pixelation problem but it looks like it updated to more like the Hopper 3 software, would that be correct?

However; Since the update, my joeys wont have anything to do with On Demand, always get "server connection failure". they play recorded fine but not downloaded on demand.

The software version will start with U if it is part of the new UI.

Have you tried resetting the Hopper and/or network connection at the Hopper? Do you have bridging enabled?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

javeis
Character Actor
Reset both Hopper and Joeys. Network connections also. Turned bridging off then back on.

The UI of the Joeys did not change with the software update.

So is your Joey still on the old UI? The software version will start with S or U. Have you powered everything off (placed in standby)?

You can also go to menu - settings - diagnostics - updates. In here press PLAY > PLAY > RECALL to download the new UI
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

javeis
Character Actor
joeys software is s650zafb. update play play recall doesnt work on the joeys before or after updating the hopper today. joeys were off. restarted router-hopper-joeys still no server connection on joeys for on demand

javeis
Character Actor
bump

javeis
Character Actor
after a week, the joeys downloaded the new software themselves.

so the correct answer is "All in Due Time Grasshopper"