Hopper error message 9999 when starting up

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper error message 9999 when starting up

Kendra
Extra

Our hopper won't come on.  It says Starting up 9999. We've tried to re-boot it but no luck.

Tags (3)
9 Replies

Re: Hopper error message 9999 when starting up

cathy-1953
Character Actor

hmmm. i use the reset button often as my hopper 3 has been doing weird things lately. mine usually comes back with no problem. did you call?

Tspevacek
Extra

Attempt to unplug it from power for 3 minutes and then plug it back into the power source. The reset button will do more of a soft reset and unplugging it will give it a hard reset.  If it does not fully boot after a hard reset you will need ot contact customer service.

DISH Employee

Good evening, Kendra! Are you still experiencing the 9999 error after you perform a hard reboot by unplugging the Hopper from the outlet for 10 seconds then plugging it back in?

Highlighted

jmay2
Extra
I am getting this message now, too. I’ve tried a soft reset & a hard reset. No luck.

DISH Employee

What Hopper model do you have, jmay2? A Hopper, Hopper with Sling or a Hopper 3?

Joilynowen
Extra
It's because Dish has horrible equipment! Time to move on! I'm giving up on all of the satellite and cable companies!

DISH Employee

We hate to hear you are so dissatisfied with your Dish equipment. We always want it to be working at peak performance so you can sit back and enjoy being a part of the Dish family. May I ask what concerns you are having with the equipment?

Drains
Character Actor
Same here. With a one week old receiver. Refurbished perhaps? What else could explain it? Was on the phone with costumer service for 40 mins

Straser3
Extra

fix the **bleep** problem with your hopper 3 9999 code already,  just got upgraded and the system went black within 12 hours after upgrade, then you want me to wait at least six days for a tech to come back and switch it out, are you insane, had to do alot of complaining to get next day air replacement at your cost, the replacement receiver better work flawless or the act of starting a class action suit is coming........