Hopper creating ETH connections in my router

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper creating ETH connections in my router

DISH Employee

Since rebooting the router fixes the issue temporarily, this tells us that there is something happening with the router connectivity. For the best resolution, you would need to reach out to your Internet provide for further assistance. 

You are also more than welcome to reach out to our Internet Support Team. You can reach them over the phone at 800-333-3474.

wildcat1580
Character Actor
Sam I’m going to have to disagree. Your hardware is the only thing I have trouble with. There’s nothing my ISP can do to fix how your equipment asks for an ip or what causes it to duplicate. This is why I gave because your answers are pure bs. It’d be great if you’d take it seriously since multiple people have the problem.

vjamison
Extra
I have an EEROS network recently added and I am now seeing this behavior. The Hopper is hardwired to the network and all the JOEY’s show up as hardwired on my EEROS report. Now I am getting devices showing up as Hopper3 br and Hopper3 Wi-Fi. Same problem but different equipment. I checked my Internet settings and it says Wireless is disabled and the Bridge is set to ON.

rprade
Extra

Same problem here.  The Hopper has come onto my network with at least three different MAC addresses.  This makes it impossible to monitor network intrusion, since it is based upon MAC addresses.  The Joeys are all maintaining their same MAC addresses, it is just the Hopper and it seems to happen overnight. Wireless is disabled.  

Why would the MAC address ever change?

rprade
Extra

@SamF wrote:

Since rebooting the router fixes the issue temporarily, this tells us that there is something happening with the router connectivity. For the best resolution, you would need to reach out to your Internet provide for further assistance. 

You are also more than welcome to reach out to our Internet Support Team. You can reach them over the phone at 800-333-3474.

This is NOT an issue that has anything to do with my ISP.  The Hopper is signing on with different MAC addresses overnight.  So far I have seen 3 since the Hopper was installed Tuesday.  My ISP has nothing to do with routing on my LAN, I handle all of it through a UniFi USG Pro.  This behavior wreaks havoc with my network intrusion detection.  This is the only piece of equipment I have ever seen that presents different MAC addresses for the same Ethernet port.  A MAC address is designed to uniquely identify a routing destination.  

mdfields25
Extra

i have the same issues as everyone else. i have a hopper and one joey. the hopper creates multiple connections to my router and causes problems with my entire networks security. the causes my other devises to lag or loose connection for a moment while my router tries to fix the proplem over and over again.