Hopper creating ETH connections in my router

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper creating ETH connections in my router

DISH Employee

Are you able to see the same IP and MAC addresses when you connect to your internet using a computer or wireless device?

wildcat1580
Character Actor
I see them via my router access page regardless of device used to sign in. Right now there’s only one duplicate which is better than it has been. I’m seeing posts from others with the same issue so it seems to be an issue with the hopper and Joeys.

DISH Employee

Thanks for the information. Can I have you press the Menu button twice on your remote and tell me the software version listed on your Hopper?

sjsherratt
Character Actor

I am seeing the same thing.   A bunch of different MAC addresses (non registered OUIs) being logged with the same non-routable IP address on my home network (same IP as my Dish Player).

PrivateIdaho
Extra
I just go a Hopper W Sling. I see a new anonymous MAC address added every night. I have tracked it down to the hoppers nightly reset cycle.

sjsherratt
Character Actor

Thanks for confirming the same behavior I am seeing.  It would be interesting to know why the random MAC addresses are being generated by the Hopper with Sling. 

DISH Employee

Sjsherratt, we definitely want to forward this information to our Engineering Team and Tech Ops so that they can take a further look into why this is happening and to find a resolution for this issue. Can you please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so that I can access your account to get this forwarded? Thanks! 

Hello my names jeremy and im having the same issues with my hopper with sling and was on the phone with dish tech help and all i got was it was my internet providers fault and i also have read other posts about this same problem pointing to the hopers with joey and slings. is there anything i can do to stop it?

DISH Employee

We hate to hear you having this problem, Vincentblood024. Are you using WiFi or Ethernet to connect your Hopper?

WiFi