Hopper automatically deleting recordings ... ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper automatically deleting recordings ... ?

Jo777
Extra
Since the update a couple of weeks ago it has been deleting movies at the bottom of the list from last year, as well as deleting old show episodes while leaving newer ones. It had never done this before the upgrade. I "protected" all the movies but it kept on deleting the older episodes of shows. I then manually, show by show, "protected" all the episodes. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm guessing it is deleting old recordings as some new setting, as it is nowhere near full. Is there any way to stop this?
5 Replies

Re: Hopper automatically deleting recordings ... ?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
How many episodes of the shows are there? Make sure the timer is not set with a limit, such as 20.

Jo777
Extra
Everything was set to keep all recordings ...

Craigster
Extra
Mines automatically deleting recordings too, did you ever find a fix?

DISH Employee

Reports have been submitted to our Engineer Team. We currently do not have an update for when this will resolved as they are still working on why this might be happening and doing their best to get this resolved without causing any other issues with the system. 

ThePGs
Extra

I have several shows with multiple episodes recorded, and the correct number of shows appears in the corner of the icon, but when I try to access the episodes, not all of them are available. Then when I return to the main DVR menu, there's an updated (lower) number of episodes. Exiting out of the DVR and going back in resets the number. Are those other shows/episodes just gone?