Hopper Will Not Recognize External Hard Drive

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper Will Not Recognize External Hard Drive

DISH Employee

Bacteria99, we definitely appreciate you reaching out with your concerns. Can you tell me what model receiver you have? It is listed on the front left of the receiver. Also, can you provide the software version? To access the software version, please press the menu/home button three times on the remote. It will take you to a Diagnostics page. 

KristiRPhTX
Extra
I’ve had the same problem as Bacteria99 for the last couple months. I have a Hopper3 with sling and tha software version is U511. I’ve tried everything to get my hopper to recognize my EHD again, but it won’t.

DISH Employee

KristiRPhTX, have you tried another USB port on the the Hopper or connecting the ehd to a computer to see if the computer recognizes the hard drive?

KristiRPhTX
Extra
I have tried all the USB ports and my EHD is recognized by my computer.

DISH Employee

Thanks, KristiRPhTX! This issue has been reported to our Engineering Team, and they are currently working on reaching a resolution. I will be able to use the information that you have provided to add to the report. Once a resolution has been reached, the fix will be released in a nightly software update that your receiver gets each night. Can you send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account?

cedhoward
Extra

I’ve had the same problem. My Hopper3 with sling no longer recognize the external hard drive since the software version was upgraded to U511. I also can not watch shows from the begining as that option never appear on screen anymore since upgrade.

DISH Employee

Cedhoward, were you able to reset your Hopper and external drive by unplugging both from the power, and the drive from your Hopper? After about 10 seconds plug the Hopper back into the power, then when it's booted up connect the hard drive to the power and the Hopper. The hard reset may also help with the issue you're having with viewing recorded events from the beginning.

cedhoward
Extra

This was done with a Tech on the phone. Field tech is onsite and unable to fix because this is a software problem. The 2TB EHD is not recognized but a smaller 320GB drive is seen by the Hopper 3 on all 3 USB ports.

DISH Employee

Can I get the model of the hard drive that is working with the Hopper as well as the model of hard drive that is not being recognized by the Hopper so I can submit this information to our Engineers?

cedhoward
Extra

FD 2TB drive not working, Maxtor 320GB working