Hopper Will Not Recognize External Hard Drive

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper Will Not Recognize External Hard Drive

DISH Employee

Hi engineer459, please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code.

Notilltom
Extra

I guess I have to join the club of people who had success with an EHD working only to quit working. When we upgraded from a 722 to a new hopper on Dec 27 I moved old recordings on the 722 to a cleaned and formatted WD 1.0 T hard drive which seemed to be supported just fine.  We enjoyed being able to watch old recordings on the new Hopper.  

Then something happened and the EHD was no longer recognized and the prompt was to reformat.  This is unacceptable.  I believe some updates happened such the new system no longer recognizes the EHD. I tried the unplug, plug, reset, etc.  not better.

i called support with a similar response to reformat.  He suggested I post on the myDish.  

FIRMWARE is U714 installed in April 19  2019

EHD WD10000H1C8-00

DISH Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us. I know that this has to definitely be frustrating. I'd be pleased to have your information added to the list for our engineers to review. Can you please shoot me a private message that includes your phone number, and security pin so that I may access your account?

Notilltom
Extra

@KimberlyH wrote:

Thank you for reaching out to us. I know that this has to definitely be frustrating. I'd be pleased to have your information added to the list for our engineers to review. Can you please shoot me a private message that includes your phone number, and security pin so that I may access your account?

How do I reply directly?   

DISH Employee

To send a Private Message:
 Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
 Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.

Click Compose New Message.
 Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
 Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
 Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
 Then click Send Message

Fixer1111
Character Actor
Asking to format is much different than this problem in this topic. We are not seeing the hard drive recognized at all. You may have a failing hard drive unfortunately. Very common if your hard drive is over five years old.