Hopper Will Not Recognize External Hard Drive

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper Will Not Recognize External Hard Drive

mec1
Costume Designer

Who are these "software people" and what are they doing? I don't like to blame them though. It always starts at the top so who decided we needed all these "extras" (Netflix, YouTube etc) and then gave us the latest DVR which has all these problems?  Wish I had my former DVR--no problems there.

Spikes
Character Actor

I am very happy to report that I received a software update last night U526 dated 11/172018 12:54 AM, and My hard drive is back, my saved movies and shows are back, and I am delighted.

Now if they can fix HBO, we will be back to being very happy campers.

Thanks Dish

mec1
Costume Designer

Glad to hear DISH came through.  Now for HBO....

Happy Thanksgiving

dac1953
Character Actor

Glad to hear there's some progress. Whereas I'm awaiting the fix. The amount of requested information seems overbearing. Western Digital Harddrive is a recommended hard drive which is what I have. I'm just trying to understand how a software fix can be like a piece of propietary information when it is apllicable to a global issue. I would hate to think I would have to write a line of code for every hard drive made.

mec1
Costume Designer

My husband is a software engineer and told me that because they don't have their own operating system it would be proprietary.

Seems we all need computer science degrees these days to understand what's going on. DISH should let everyone with the latest Hopper know which drives work with their equipment.

Spikes
Character Actor

Well that lasted about 24 hours.

My WD HD has once again mysteriously vanished.

@Spikes wrote:

I am very happy to report that I received a software update last night U526 dated 11/172018 12:54 AM, and My hard drive is back, my saved movies and shows are back, and I am delighted.

Now if they can fix HBO, we will be back to being very happy campers.

Thanks Dish

Tried all the usual things, Frustrating.

Fixer1111
Character Actor

I wanted to let you all know that ever since submitting my info, very soon after I haven't had any problems with the hopper recognizing my drives, knock on wood, it's been at least a month now! Thanks!!

Highlighted

JrodS
Character Actor

Robert sent you a private message about this...

mec1
Costume Designer

Where's the private message?

Jim-LA
Character Actor

Mec1, I'm sure they sent the message to JrodS. Probably similar to the message they sent me: Thank you for the information. I will definitely add your account to the list of affected customers with this issue. For reference to this issue in our system, this is Case ID 582632. With this ID, you can check back in with us for any updates on the fix.

Jim