Hopper - Warning 901 (maybe 981) Boot Recovery (12/11/18) - on Hopper, not Joey

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper - Warning 901 (maybe 981) Boot Recovery (12/11/18) - on Hopper, not Joey

jcg
Extra

Anyone else getting a Warning 901 (maybe 981 - hard to tell on the big screen) Boot Recovery error on a Hopper 1 NOT a Joey - Joey has it's own error not connecting through MoCA)  this morning?  I think I saw somewhere there was an update for Hopper 3 last night, but not sure about the original hopper.

It's dead now!!  Just sits there getting 1 bar of progress, then goes back to nothing. 

3 Replies

Re: Hopper - Warning 901 (maybe 981) Boot Recovery (12/11/18) - on Hopper, not Joey

DISH Employee

Hello JCG! If the Hopper has done an update since 11/18 it is current. The next update to come out is 12/18. The error 981 is for boot recovery. Can you unplug the device for me. The plug it back in directly to the wall outlet?

Re: Hopper - Warning 901 (maybe 981) Boot Recovery (12/11/18) - on Hopper, not Joey

jcg
Extra

It's actually fixed now.  I had to remove the tap which was connecting my Joey to my hopper for the firmware download to get through.  For some reason the tap was interfering with the firmware download.   I had already had Dish tech support troubleshoot it over the phone and they couldn't figure it out either.  So they were shipping a replacement hopper to me (arrives tomorrow).  So I guess I will be shipping the replacement back.

After the firmware downlaod completed my old Hopper booted up fine, so I reconnected the connections through the tap so the Joey could communicate with the Hopper.  Everything seems to be working ok now.

DISH Employee

That is awesome! I am glad you were able to figure out what was causing that issue. I am sorry your interaction with us did not result in a resolution without send a replacement.